Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My car VW passat b5 , 1.9 diesel, year 2000

There wasn't interior lights after I bought the car so I checked the wires to CCM as it was broken. I took out the cables which connects CCM. As I read on CCM wiring chart that the red/black wires are for interior lights. Exactly what I am looking for.

My question is, can I connect them together with simple wire (I took from my desk lamp, as the thickness was almost the same). Also if that's okay if I connect them just together and isolate with tape? Picture - View image: 20140713 210444

Also does someone know red/white cable purpose ? Picture - View image: 20140713 210500

There is no beep when I leave my lights on and open the driver doors, what cable (color) I have to check ? (it gives beep when I check ABS on VCDS, it gives some beep out).

When my passenger windows is open and I want to open driver's side window the passenger windows just closes.. also from driver sides window control I can't open passengers window. Which cable that would be ?

p.s. with CCM is everything okay, well at least is dry.

Regards

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
The red/black wires in your first picture is the power coming from the CCM and going to all the various interior light bulbs. If you need to add a bit of wire to jump the gap, use stranded wire (not solid core) of the same thickness or thicker then the single wire feeding to all the branch wires. Solder the splice then tape or use crimp connectors. Don't just twist them all together and cover with tape.

That thick red/white wire might be the power feed to the sun roof. I think it's hot at all times and is a 20a or 30a circuit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My don't have sunroof. I am asking as the wire looks a bit bend, but I don't wanna touch that to don't mess up something...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed the wire problem, now I have interior lights working, but apart from the door panel bottom lights, they are not working, I measured the current and it's 0,61 also the rear doors lights are working.

Still have problems with windows and beep if the lights are on. Although where is the driver window control unit, to lock the car using button it's not working either so it might be the control module broken ?

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Go through all the wires in that harness and inspect for factory splices. You may have more corroded wires and splices to fix. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery while you're working on the electronics of the car. Open the module under the carpet and inspect for corrosion damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts