Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
In my town they have to report in person Sunday evening.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
aschendel said:
i think it's a severe over-generalization, obliterating the constitutional rights of this oppressed minority.

comments?

a.s.
You'd like a comment?

Here's one:

YOU'RE AN ASS.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sharky said:
aschendel said:
i think it's a severe over-generalization, obliterating the constitutional rights of this oppressed minority.

comments?

a.s.
You'd like a comment?

Here's one:

YOU'RE AN ASS.
hater.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
vwagen said:
Sharky said:
aschendel said:

comments?

a.s.
You'd like a comment?

Here's one:

YOU'RE AN ASS.
hater.
Oh I'm the hater.

He only started this troll thread to piss of people who don't want to treat gays like dirt.

He equates convicted sex offenders to gays.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i posted it because it was in the news and i thought some of you more liberal types would be concerned about ramifications of the issue. my comment may have been over the top (troll-ish), no more than other black hole topics.

i do not equate gays to sex offenders and gays should not be treated "like dirt."

[rant]
so who else thinks it's stupid to put the period inside the end-quote? e.g. above.
[/rant]

alright, how about we get back to the topic? start a new thread or visit one of the others if you want to beat me up on the gay issue.

i found it interesting that offenders in Urlik's town have to meet up.

a.s.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
vwagen said:
I think Sharky was a little more vocal than I was going to be about it, but this thread has a questionably genuine premise. Does aschendel really believe the assertion made in the first post, or his he just trolling based on what was said in another thread? I'm guessing the latter.

aschendel and people like him have no concept of how someone could live without constant fear and hate permeating every aspect of their moral being. So he's here looking for moral inconsistencies from people who participated in the gay marriage thread, since they "must" be lying about not being full of fear and hate. IMHO, anyways.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huh? you can read, right? better than you can read my mind i hope. i'm sure glad this is staying on topic :roll: it's not my fault if you can't debate more than one topic at a time.

it's a different issue than was previously discussed. i thought it would be interesting to see if people with children trick-or-treating on sunday who might by chance be encountering sex offenders would be for or against the type of program described in the news.

me personally, i think maybe this effort is overboard, but maybe the rules for convicted sex offenders need to be made more strict, like this. i don't know.

the troll-hunt continues...

a.s.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
A.S
Off topic but I just feel I have to say this:

For the so called liberal folks here in the club (naming Sharky and Macabre because they posted here and whom I feel are the most vocal) that think that Christians are so closed minded bigoted and hypocritical often fails to look at their ownself and find that they have just done the very thing they accuse us of doing. Nor will they see or admit to their folly. For such is human nature and we are all guilty of this constant judgement toward others. I'm doing it myself right now as I write this.

Often we "Bible Thumping" kinds are lumped into one as if we are this super being that contantly accuses "regular folks" of their wrongdoings according to our super book. Stating that because Jerry Fawell is like this then all Christians are the same way too. That we only watch Fox news and can only be Republicans.

Little do they acknowledge that many of us "radical right christians" are just regular folks too living in this same world with the same problems and yes... we do SIN. very often quite frankly. We were the same fornicating, binge drinking, bad mouthing, raping, killing people as everyone else. We just decided that there's got to be more to this life and have found that peace in believing that God has a plan for our lives.
Just because you are pissed of people knocking on your door and forcing you to repent doesn't mean we are ALL like that. Far from it.
Why do you think there is so many churches with different names and affiliations? We all believe in the same God (even muslims I think) but because of our human nature, we ended up defining it as "my religion is better than yours :p ".

So please, just like you I'm just stating my opinion/beliefs. You take it or leave it. I'm not forcing you to accept it. What our goal is in this black hole it to take all of our opinions and learn from it. You don't have to take it as your bible.

Please note that we are all guilty of this and I'm not making myself above others.

Now back on topic.
I think its sad that the sex offender is singled out but they must take the punishment. If you want to quit smoking, some people are not strong when they surround themselves with smokers.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
WTF are you people talking about? He posted something about sex offenders and Halloween and you flamed him for "gay bashing"? Did I miss something here, or is it left overs from a previous thread?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vdubyo, thanks for the OT bit, i appreciate that and the time you took to say it.

i agree with your analogy about tempation (i should delete DoD and Doom3 right now, and maybe unsubscribe from CB5 :)). the part i'm not sure about myself is whether or not offenders deserve any additional punishment or special treatment, after they've been sentenced.

my uncle, for example, served 12 years maybe, for stuff you wouldn't believe. after he got out he found a girlfriend, got married, and had a baby. now, how does a guy that's not supposed to have unsupervised contact with children get allowed to have a kid? but he served his sentence....

i'm unsure of what i think, that's one of the reasons i posted the story. thanks for the (ongoing) discussion.

a.s.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
atomicalex said:
aschendel, felons are felons. Gay people are not felons.

There you go. Easy as pie for me.
aschendel said:
and maybe unsubscribe from CB5
Want some help?
:thumbdow:

i expected a more topic-centric and thoughtful response, especially at this stage in the thread's life.

a.s.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
aschendel said:
atomicalex said:
aschendel, felons are felons. Gay people are not felons.

There you go. Easy as pie for me.
aschendel said:
and maybe unsubscribe from CB5
Want some help?
:thumbdow:

i expected a more topic-centric and thoughtful response, especially at this stage in the thread's life.

a.s.
You always take the high road, huh....

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Dude, my response was dead on topic.

Sex offenders are felons. Felons lose civil rights due to their convictions (pun intended). Gay people are not felons. Are you implying that being gay should be ruled a felony under criminal law?

Let me guess - you don't have an answer based on legal/civil principles again. This forum isn't about your religious beliefs, and they're rapidly becoming known as viciously intolerant. You're not going to convert anyone on this board to whatever it is you believe in.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
atomicalex said:
Dude, my response was dead on topic.

Sex offenders are felons. Felons lose civil rights due to their convictions (pun intended). Gay people are not felons. Are you implying that being gay should be ruled a felony under criminal law?

Let me guess - you don't have an answer based on legal/civil principles again. This forum isn't about your religious beliefs, and they're rapidly becoming known as viciously intolerant. You're not going to convert anyone on this board to whatever it is you believe in.

i was implying that convicted felons maybe shouldn't have their sentences amended after they've been sentenced and they've presumably met the conditions of their sentence. Felons don't lose all of their rights, do they?

this has nothing to do with gay or religion or converting anyone to anything.

as an aside, (we should have a place for these)

do a search, who brought up gayness? not me. do a search, who brought up religion? not me. who's viciously intolerant, me? because you and i don't agree on one issue? geez, i was just cruisin' the club for what, over a year now, having a great time, feeling the vibe, i get involved in one disagreement (IN A FREAKING BLACK HOLE), and BAM! my religious beliefs are all of a sudden well known (YEAH RIGHT) and i'm trying to convert each and every one of you to whatever it is that i believe (YEAH RIGHT), and I'm being antagonized by an experienced MOD no less.

SHARKY < AA

[where's the triangle symbol on this thing]

AA ~ SHARKY

here's a video for you, here's a website for you, that is me, see any gay bashing? see any conversion material? see any viciously intolerant stuff? that's right, normal, young, middle-class conservative, who likes cars, a lot.

the funniest thing about all of this, i was trying to kiss up to You without being two-faced when i posted to your Gay Marriage thread.

a.s.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
In my town, Registered sex offenders must stay in, sex offenders still on Parole or Probation must report back to jail from 5:00PM to 9:00PM... I'm not sure the first part would meet constitutional muster if challenged, but the second part is not only perfectly legal, I think it's a darn good idea.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
What is the issue? Are we that desperate for things to debate about? We should debate which Ice Cream is better before we should debate if sexual predators should be allowed out on the streets during Halloween. Maybe, we should debate should they be allowed out at all.

In my opinion, when you take someones rights from them than you lose your rights. In other words, Felon took victim's rights = Felon loses some rights. If they didn't want to lose their rights, maybe they shouldn't have taken someone elses.

And when does not allowed out on Halloween equal all rights. I will let them out for Halloween if we can castrate them first. :)

By the way, this "Debate" thread seems like a Troll trap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts