Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Knee Bar for a 2002 B5.5 that I tried to sale awhile back. When it didn’t sell I decided to give it away to a fellow B5.5 member. I listed it as free and just asked for the shipping cost. After being contacted by someone on the board I shipped It to them via FedEx for a whole $10.81. He told me he would pay for the shipping via PayPal.

It was delivered and I sent several emails regarding the shipping cost over the next week and a half. All emails have been ignored. Not even a “I got it thanks”. (FedEx showed it as being delivered.)

Now, eating $10.81 is not going to kill me. It’s just the point that you do something nice for someone and they treat you this way.

·
Registered
666 Posts
That kinda crap should stay in the honda forums, I would like to think that fellow :b5: ers are above that. I hope it's just a misunderstanding and he'll respectably pull through for you :beer:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the lower part of the dash under the steering wheel. The headlight switch is located on it. The B5.5's added a cubby hole for storage under the steering wheel so some B5 owner's upgrade to the B5.5 knee bar.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
MetroMan said:
I had Knee Bar for a 2002 B5.5 that I tried to sale awhile back. When it didn’t sell I decided to give it away to a fellow B5.5 member. I listed it as free and just asked for the shipping cost. After being contacted by someone on the board I shipped It to them via FedEx for a whole $10.81. He told me he would pay for the shipping via PayPal.

It was delivered and I sent several emails regarding the shipping cost over the next week and a half. All emails have been ignored. Not even a “I got it thanks”. (FedEx showed it as being delivered.)

Now, eating $10.81 is not going to kill me. It’s just the point that you do something nice for someone and they treat you this way.
I think you should kept the part untill you received the money .
I dont understand you I read the thread , the guy even offered $ 10 plus shipping and you said no , keep your money. juts pay for shipping.

its like you are saying = $10 bucks mean nothing to me just take this part away from me.

Now you are complaining , making the guy look bad here.

The guy probably figured out you dont need the money , so he could send whenever he can. maybe he is away for some reason. maybe he is sick who knows?

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
He said he would pay for the shipping, and he hasnt. How is the seller making the other guy look bad?
If you say you are going to do something, DO IT.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:
MetroMan said:

I dont understand you I read the thread , the guy even offered $ 10 plus shipping and you said no , keep your money. juts pay for shipping.

its like you are saying = $10 bucks mean nothing to me just take this part away from me.

The guy probably figured out you dont need the money , so he could send whenever he can. maybe he is away for some reason. maybe he is sick who knows?

you got a fucked up perspective If your saying metro man did something wrong, he already said that the ten bucks is not the point :crazy:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
MetroMan said:
It's the lower part of the dash under the steering wheel. The headlight switch is located on it. The B5.5's added a cubby hole for storage under the steering wheel so some B5 owner's upgrade to the B5.5 knee bar.
Ah, so THATS what a knee bar is. All this time I've been calling it

"The lower dash section below the steering column that you have to take off before you get to the instrument cluster"

:p :lol:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:
MetroMan said:

Hey, if the agreement was to pay for shipping, he should have paid for shipping. It's not his business to assume that the seller doesn't need the money. The seller did not want to make any money on it, but it doesn't mean that he should take a loss on shipping costs. He should have been paid for the shipping. Anything less is rude and dishonest.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That aint cool. I guess that's just a lesson learned. There's not much you can do now. In the future, get the $$$ first!!!

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
redb5sdca said:
1.8Tabamoura said:
MetroMan said:

you got a fucked up perspective If your saying metro man did something wrong, he already said that the ten bucks is not the point :crazy:

Im not saying that Metroman did something wrong. i'm saying that if he was really expecting to receive the $ 10 why he shipped the part without getting paid for shipping first?
Nobody does that.
If the $10 dollars in not the point . I don't know what the point is .could you explain to me?

$10 buck for god's sake , maybe the guy forgot it. maybe the guys was too busy to login to his paypal account and send $10 to him.
I dont think Metroman should start this thread to complain about $10 that he didnt get cause he sent the part whitout getting paid first.
That's just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
UISANCE wrote:
Fuck that, PM me your paypal address and I will send you the cash.

I suppose that "Fuck that" means sorry man, I forgot, my bad!
well i don't think we need to get pissed off, it aint no big deal :wink:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i think metroman is in the right. He is posting this becuase it is a warning to all of us not to do something simular. Did he post the person's name who ripped him off... no. so stop pretending like metroman is taking a cheap shot at this guy. Hopefully if he stumbles across this thread he'll realize how much of a cheap skate he is.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think it was a nice thing you did (to get rid of it for $10) a little :crazy: but shit I would of given you the 10 in a heartbeat! :D Who ever did it is reading this, and we all should now know to get the $$ before we ship and not go on the honor system here. I see you did a good thing and got burned... it's too bad. :thumbdow: Don't believe we are all like that! Every deal I've made on here has been with stand-up people! Sorry though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.