Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I noticed that my fog lights weren't coming on. I have a Euro switch that has been working fine for about 6 months. I got it from Russ at dubstop, so I would assume it's good quality and shouldn't have failed. I plan to put in my stock headlight switch tonight to test this theory though. Anyone else have thoughts as to why my fog lights wouldn't be coming on, if the switch isn't the problem?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My passenger side foglight burned out (for the first time) the begining of the week and I replaced. Both lights were working fine after that. I will also check the fuse.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
arent the fuses seperated for one side only like the rest of the fuses for all lights for saftey reasons
apprently not.. the same happened to me and it took me a while to figure it out. checked wiring, bulbs and all else, even the charted fuses but to no avail until i checked the portion of the fuses that's not charged on the card on the fuse box... changed the fuse and problem solved.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked my fuses last night and found a burnt out fuse. When I replaced it, it immediately burned out after I turned the fog lights on. So, I figured the short had to do with the passenger side fog light I just replaced. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I removed the passenger side fog light and put it back in again, and now the fuse doesn't burn out. I think the power lead to the light might have have gotten pinched when I put the light back in the housing. Oh well, at least it's fixed now and it just cost me a couple of fuses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts