Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a coilover install on my b5.5 and i am curious to know how everyone else rocks there set up, should i shave my bumpstops or leave the out completly, this goes for perches as well, someone please give me there input as well as pics if you have any i would love some input, thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I have the rear perches still installed on my sedan and its at a nice ride height after settling. O didn't install the bump stops in the rear, the fronts came with my new coilovers and I kept them on. Rear coils are all the way down and I've never had an issue. I have st could BTW on my fwd sedan and it rides great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how is the ride without the bumpstops in the rear??? and you say nice ride height is that low??? im trying to be pretty low without the ride being to ishy..

·
Registered
207 Posts
kw v1 no perches, bumpstops cut in half...like 13-14 threads left in front

rides really really nice, very impressed with kw

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
how is the ride without the bumpstops in the rear??? and you say nice ride height is that low??? im trying to be pretty low without the ride being to ishy..
The KW and ST coils provide great ride quality. They are the same design, except kw is stainless and st are galvanized. My rear perches are in and spun all the way down. I don't think the shock has ever bottomed out in either the front or rear. I do scrape pavement from time to time, but no worries. I have a slight forward rake to my stance, which I like. If I choose to take the rear perches out and even up the stance, I am sure the ride won't feel any different. I am lowered approximately 3 inches in the front and slightly less in the rear.

I think ride quality mostly depends on the brand of coil you get and how low you are. If you wanna be SUPER dumped and tearing up the bottom of your car, then ride quality might be a problem lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i just got the rokkor raceland coils, and im anxious to see how the ride quality is. Ill be installing them next week i think i try leaving the perches and the bumpstops in and adjust if i wanna go lower

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I was running FK Streetlines for a couple months and didn't cut bumpstops and left perches in. I'm on H&R Sports/Bilstein Sport combo now and cut the bumpstops all around. I can only fit one finger up front and don't have any issues with bottoming out. PZ had recommended I cut them on this set up and couldn't be happier. It depends on what you want and how low you are. If going really low, I'd probably say cut them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts