Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem arose a year ago and shop we've gone to for years jerry rigged things w/ dash controls so we'd have air from all dash vents. Have no air from floor vents at that time. Now a year later, there is no air from said vents. ONLY air is from outside dash vents and the defroster. I've tried the re-syncing on the dash and can hear things moving, but no luck. The recirculating button works. Shop said last year he wasn't going to touch it and would have to go back to dealer. I thought the blend door motor or something was hung up/bad and could fix myself. So far that's not going to happen.

Wife and I share the car due to our work schedules and when she came home she had the A/C on and again, air just from outside vents (and def if you wanted it), but despite the A/C on Lo temp setting (geese wife it was only in low 70's outside!! LOL), the inside of car wasn't all that cold due to lack of airflow IMO. So when I got home this morning, I removed the pass side trans hump panel thinking I could see something.......really couldn't/didn't. But when switching between floor/def/dash, could hear a noise by cabin filter. Removed that felt cover and the noise was coming from some module but not connected to any blend door. Sounds like an electrical click if anything. 3 screws hold it on and it also looks like the cover will snap off once removed if need be. Why is a good question, but does have 2 clips.

Car currently has 90K miles and runs very good and really no other problems. Is this a fix at home job or one for the dealer? I tried to incl all what going on and would appreciate it if you all could help in some fashion.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts