Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a run in with a 300ZX Turbo not so long ago... (or so.. it was dark the car was all black)
My questions is, in stock forum how much power they put down (full spec. would be nice)
and in Mod forum ("typical" setup an owner who loves the car) the power the car would put down.
Thanks for any help guys...
BTW, i was in my Dad's Jag S-Type 4.2 V8... I will leave it at that as it is my dad's car and not mine =P

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At what RPM does (or should) the 300ZX Peak Hp at?
Also what are it maximum torque numbers.
Tho the number you gave me Mac explane a lot.. Thanks

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Alright, are you talking about the Twin Turbo or Single Turbo Z's??

The TwinZ's maxed out at 6500RPM and put out 305HP at very close to 290lbs of torque at high-boost point which is around 3500RPM's.

This car is still one of the nastiest cars to modify and will easily give you 500HP with minimal work. The downside to the Z's was the braking! Even when I ran Skyline R33 brakes on my racer, the car was difficult to stop during long events. I wish Stoptech had a kit for my car back in 97 because I would have won more SCCA events instead of finishing in the top 10. If I could find a 93 Twin Turbo Z, it would be on like popcorn.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
HermanH, Steve's Z's stopped being competitive in the early 90's.. Their parts weren't that great, and companies like Akimoro and GReddy were killing Millen cars in TransAmerica. I remember when I passed Dennis Forston who drove for Steve Millen Racing and gave him a nice shot of boost at Road Atlanta. TPC's Max-Flo turbos were killing the Millen cars, and even Neuspeed's entry was competitive in 95 and 96. Remember the SR71 Stealth Z's?? :lol: Ahhhh youth!

The Z is a nicely balanced car, and Nissan really slipped up with the stock braking. R33 brakes were the must-have's for any racer, but other systems started to pop-up. The trick was running a staggered 17 or 18" wheel to clear your setup and proper venting.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow.. Humm, wonder how hard it would be to find one still in good shape.. The car looked like a sleeper till i saw his rear badge, but ususally thats too late =P.

Yeah, lets just say that thing put my dads Jag to shame.. Things look dead even till he started to pull in around 3rd gear.. But we where coming to a bend and i am not crazy.. unlike that guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Zuhaib
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing