Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were at my folks' Saturday. A cousin of mine, early-teen, brings his PS2 and he starts playing Need For Speed Underground. Talk about a r1cer's ultimate game. While you can modify cars performance-wise, there are also mods merely for looks. Neon, fart cans, paint mods, rear wings on a FWD car, "blue" headlights, alteezas, etc. And this thing promotes street races. There are even times when my cousin would blind side another vehicle in an intersection.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rich P said:
So we were at my folks' Saturday. A cousin of mine, early-teen, brings his PS2 and he starts playing Need For Speed Underground. Talk about a r1cer's ultimate game. While you can modify cars performance-wise, there are also mods merely for looks. Neon, fart cans, paint mods, rear wings on a FWD car, "blue" headlights, alteezas, etc. And this thing promotes street races. There are even times when my cousin would blind side another vehicle in an intersection.
aside from the rice factor :nervous: I really liked this game - the drift mode was fun also..
and I know its not much however.. about street racing they have a famous driver of one sort or another telling you this is a game and should remain just a game blah blah

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yeah, I saw preview for this and was like: :puke:
Ricers bug the shit out of me. I love the rest of the NFS family, and for realism games I like Project Gotham (XBOX).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I really like this game. Espeacialy the Drag race mode. Me and my frineds can play that game for days!(not literaly), but you get the idea.
The main thing you need to remeber is that this is a game. This game no more promotes street racing, than grand theft auto promotes steeling cars, or a True Crime, or any other shoot'em up game promtes murder. Its just a video game.
though i would never fix up my car in the fashion of the game, i think its cool that you can go into such detail into fixing up the car (you can detail your engine bay, and you never even see it in the game).
Over all, i think the game is great. Drifting took a ittle getting use to, but it sic!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
and here I was, thinking you were gonna talk about sun's file system protocol.

oh well ;)

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5150 Pa55at said:
The main thing you need to remeber is that this is a game. This game no more promotes street racing, than grand theft auto promotes steeling cars, or a True Crime, or any other shoot'em up game promtes murder. Its just a video game.
True. But what about ricing up the ride? Not THAT is a crime. :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'd play Gran Turismo 3 over that game, but I have to confess that I got about halfway through the game on my PC before I destroyed the controller cuz my car was going unnaturally slower than the computer's :evil:

So I uninstalled and don't play anymore.....but I just recently got a new controller for $25 and F1 2002 for $8, which is fun despite how much I suck at racing sims. Maybe I'll just go back to beating NFS5, Porsche Unleashed :thumbup: I remember a lot of people around here saying they loved that game too....

Anyways, raise your hand if you wish there was a game like GT3 or Project Gotham for PC :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Great Game..

I mean, as long as you approach it with the mindset of a 16 year old testosterone pumped teen, no bad can come of it. :)

If you're one of the detail-fanatics, GT3 is you cup of tea... if it ever comes out. :poke:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
I'd play Gran Turismo 3 over that game, but I have to confess that I got about halfway through the game on my PC before I destroyed the controller cuz my car was going unnaturally slower than the computer's :evil:
When that happens, de-mod your car... it gives you a handicap, it cuts their power to a bit below yours.. go figure

·
Registered
124 Posts
it was fun to play, though i haven't played it recently. Just up and stopped one day.

That might be ut2k4's fault though! :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
linux-works said:
and here I was, thinking you were gonna talk about sun's file system protocol.

oh well ;)

Haha :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts