Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
This has been poking my interests since the first run, just never jumped on it. Would red powdercoat for my horseless carriage be possible?

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
This has been poking my interests since the first run, just never jumped on it. Would red powdercoat for my horseless carriage be possible?
I am not sure if I can powdercoat bars individually for the established price. All one color. I think pearl white is my preference. Different. Snunky.

:wrench:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Almost a month and we've only had two (2).. out of the originals respond with a deposit. C'mon guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
ACTIVE: SRS-Style Rear Sway Bar (Skunkbar)

OK, status and TurboJim, let's keep this active and bump it every few days.

For anyone fence-sitting, here's a great pursuit video of Steve From Chicago as he did his infamous "timestamp" run at Tail of the Dragon in October 2014. Steve's B5 is equipped with the Shine Real Street torsion bar stiffener this group buy is patterned after. I used a late production SRS bar as my production pattern, but my units are welded cleaner and deeper, are finish milled after the winglets have been attached, and are powder-coated 50% thicker than original spec.

:lightsaber:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey you guys think this will go to production? My next project on my b5.5 is the suspension. Already have the front end kit and stabilizer bar ready. Still have to decide on shocks. Want to do it all at once tho. Seems like there was some interest but now not so much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Keithwbloom and myself are doing all that we can to get the original people on the list to even just look at this thread again, we've sent PM's, we're bumping... we just need the deposits to get sent, then we can start making them.
Hard to say with the holidays approaching what's going to happen.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would be interested in this! However I won't be able to purchase one until about April or May. I have other things that my money has to go towards first. If it goes into production before that, then it's not a big deal if i miss it. But if it ends up waiting that long, then count me in :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
I am going to bump this for the new year. This is the BEST handling upgrade you can get for your FWD B5/5.5 for the investment. There are more than two dozen of these torsion bar style rear sways patterned after the Shine Real Street Bar in use by PassatWorld members with a 100% "OMG it effing rocks" approval rating.

So far I have two deposits toward production, one or two maybes. I need 10 commits for another production run. Spring is around the corner. So is tax refund season. Money's loose and so is your Passat's ass-end until you tack it back down with a SnunkBar SRS-style torsion bar stiffener.

:lightsaber:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Come on guys....Tax time is here. Let's get this moving. Nobody likes a loose rear end!!! For this price it is a deal...if only I could do the same fix on my other old lady for as cheap:icon_eek:

Oh yeah and honey if your reading my PassatWorld posts I was referring to my truck:devil:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
This is why I just have one girlfriend, my wagon! :D

He's right guys let's gooooooooo!

Come on guys....Tax time is here. Let's get this moving. Nobody likes a loose rear end!!! For this price it is a deal...if only I could do the same fix on my other old lady for as cheap:icon_eek:

Oh yeah and honey if your reading my PassatWorld posts I was referring to my truck:devil:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
I have to draw a line in the sand, and put a deadline on this kick start. I have collected two deposits, but will have to return them at the end of May if we have not assembled an order of at least 12 units. Production time is only 4 weeks, so those who are interested could be turning in flatter by end of June if we get the buy off the ground.

LAST CALL MAY 31, 2015.

:wrench:

61 - 77 of 77 Posts