Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, picking up my first VW tomorrow, it's an 99 Passat Wagon 2.0T. Blue, Tip-Auto. I'll be cruising these forums no on, so talk to ya guys soon.

Quick question, I've only seen people talking about 1.8T or the six cylinder, what model do I have to have a 2.0T?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
First, welcome :thumbup: . As far as the motor is concern, if you are in fact buying a 99 Passat Variant, it will be V6 or 1.8T, tip or 5 speed, nothing else. The only 2 liter that is found are the 8V and it is in the Jettas or Golfs ;) . Good luck with your car and hope to see some pics soon :thumbup:

·
Registered
26,987 Posts
You would need a 2006 for the 2.0T. More than likely, you have a 18.T 20V!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, pics will be up next week probably, and then my new rims on it in 2 weeks (sell wheels for a living, so it's a given).

I'm trying to get the engine code for the car, I'm picking it up tonight, but the dealer is confident that it's a 2.0 T and the engine cover says that as well. Hopefully it turns out well. Are the 8V out of the Jettas a little less of an engine than the 1.8T? In terms of performance/reliabilty.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
The engine cover most probably says 20V and not 2.0T. If your dealer thinks they are selling you a '99 Passat with a 2.0T engine then I would not service your car there as they are imbeciles. 1999s either had a 1.8T like mine or a 2.8 V6.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Muskwrath said:
Yeah, it's a 1.8T... don't know what was going on there.
They probably got confused with the 20V logo on the engine cover :D . The 1.8T is an awsome engine IMO, and it is way better then the 2.0 out of the jettas and golfs. They don't call it 2.slow for nothing ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts