Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Howitzer from NYC here!!

Just traded my '05 F150 Lariat for a certified pre Alpine Green '03 GLX 4Motion Wagon with 36K on the clock. My first Passat but not my first VW. Started in 1977 with a '69 Beetle. Ran a 1986 GTI with many mods back in 1992. Wife had a 1990 GLI Jetta. Continued with a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro Sport (gone,but missed). Love the GLX:D . Feels like my A4 but with more weight and less oomph. No mods as of this writing except for my V1. Thinking about the shorty antenna, Weathertech floor mats, and tint.

Anyway, no problems yet, but can anyone give me a clue for certain things to watch for? The car will be due for the 40K soon, and I'll have them check for the recalled fuel pump.

Thanks much!!

Howitzer
'03 GLX Wagon
Alpine Green
V1

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
With only 40K, not much to watch for on the 4MO. Rear brakes should be getting low. Keep an eye out for oil leaks and differential oil leaks.

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
Hey im new too, and i have a question, how do i make my own forum?
You can make a new post (if that is what you mean) by clicking on the "New Thread" button at the top left of the page.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Welcome to the club. Gald to see another New Yorker.:thumbup:

Now the first thing you need to do is post some pics of you ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the club. Gald to see another New Yorker.:thumbup:

Now the first thing you need to do is post some pics of you ride.
Thanks Tom. Yeah, need some pics fer sure. Headin' out to western Jersey this weekend with the GF and the puppies. Think I'll bring the camera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts