Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to thank everyone here for all the information. Just got my Passat (2001 1.8T) last month and thought I'd made a big mistake as it didn't seem to be running right. Surging, loss of power, etc. Dealer checked everything out and said running fine, of course, although they did replace under warranty coil packs and three oil leaks repaired, (15+ hours of labor) CEL also came on three days later, back to dealer for look- vacuum line replaced for free. Still hated car until I read a post here suggesting a cheapo bottle of fuel line cleaner. Ran two through and miraculously, the car now runs flawlessly. Now more surging, steady power through all gears and a month later I'm in love with the car.
Having been a VW fan through college, (2 Rabbits and a Jetta that drained the checkbook), I switched to BMWs. After (2) E30's and (3) E36's, I thought I give VW another try as I've always loved the Passat styling. Having this board gives me the confidence when something goes wrong, as I know it will! Still have the 96 328is, which is still my favorite, but the Passat is really growing on me. Each car has it's strengths and
weaknesses, but I think, in time, I'll love both of my "kids" equally.

Just got the Alientech today which I can't wait to install, got the Ross-Tech last week but haven't had a chance to play with that yet.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
welcome to ClubB5...

looks like we took similar paths - i had a Jetta back in college, but switched to BMW after - my last car was an E36 (328iC) and I loved it... i recently got my Passat and have really enjoyed it.

i just got my B5 suspension & wheels/tires upgraded - what a HUGE difference. it has a similar feel to a BMW now. Change yours, and i bet you will love the Passat even more than you do now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.