Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I never rub the mitt on it .. the intent of the guard is so grit can go down in it and not be reaggitated back up into the wash water.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks everyone, as a noob to the forums i found this helpful, just bought a 2001 passat GLX pearl white w/ black lowers/valence ( want them painted!) the moment i got my hands on the car i new i needed to make that white stand out next to anything close to white haha. my procedure was as follows

1. thorough rinse with clean water
2. good wash with meguires gold class car wash & warm water (applied with microfiber sponge)
3. extra thorough rinse after washing
4. dried with microfiber cloths
5. mothers clay bar kit (follow directions)
6. waxed with classic turtle wax (applied by hand)
7. removed wax with old 100% cotton undershirts
8. admired my hard work with a beer and a smoke

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks everyone, as a noob to the forums i found this helpful, just bought a 2001 passat GLX pearl white w/ black lowers/valence ( want them painted!) the moment i got my hands on the car i new i needed to make that white stand out next to anything close to white haha. my procedure was as follows

1. thorough rinse with clean water
2. good wash with meguires gold class car wash & warm water (applied with microfiber sponge)
3. extra thorough rinse after washing
4. dried with microfiber cloths
5. mothers clay bar kit (follow directions)
6. waxed with classic turtle wax (applied by hand)
7. removed wax with old 100% cotton undershirts This is going to induce swirling , switch to M/F cloths
8. admired my hard work with a beer and a smoke
Just a suggestion in bold above .

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
question? will clay bar remove old previously applied wax? or are you better off using a 3M product of some sort?
Clay will remobe most of it .. How long has it been on and what brand?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Clay will remobe most of it .. How long has it been on and what brand?
not sure how long it's been on, i just bought the car and saw a few dull spots under the wax....

so as i described before i washed, clayed, and waxed- it seems to look better in my oppinion- i was just curious to know if i should use something else to take down a older coat of wax

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
50 / 50 mix of rubbing alcohol & water will remove the wax etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
does anyone have any suggestions on wheel cleaning.... did my rotors/pads yesterday noticed the inside wells to be extremely gunked up with brake dust? any advice would be appreciated.

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys i just bought my 1999 passat today black interior i was wondering what y'all use to take stains of the carpet and to clean the leather it's all in rough shape

21 - 38 of 38 Posts