Just a suggestion in bold above .thanks everyone, as a noob to the forums i found this helpful, just bought a 2001 passat GLX pearl white w/ black lowers/valence ( want them painted!) the moment i got my hands on the car i new i needed to make that white stand out next to anything close to white haha. my procedure was as follows
1. thorough rinse with clean water
2. good wash with meguires gold class car wash & warm water (applied with microfiber sponge)
3. extra thorough rinse after washing
4. dried with microfiber cloths
5. mothers clay bar kit (follow directions)
6. waxed with classic turtle wax (applied by hand)
7. removed wax with old 100% cotton undershirts This is going to induce swirling , switch to M/F cloths
8. admired my hard work with a beer and a smoke
not sure how long it's been on, i just bought the car and saw a few dull spots under the wax....Clay will remobe most of it .. How long has it been on and what brand?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Wheel-Cleaner-Sonax-Full-Effect-Wheel-Cleanerdoes anyone have any suggestions on wheel cleaning.... did my rotors/pads yesterday noticed the inside wells to be extremely gunked up with brake dust? any advice would be appreciated.