1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More newbie questions:

B5: what does that stand for?

Variant: What does that mean?

On a 1.8T Passat Wagon 2003, where can I learn about the position, identification # and the like of the ECU?

DV...what is it, why is it important?

Bottom line: I want a faster but yet reliable vehicle as I'm an old Volvo 740T fan that just purchased this wagon. I don't want to kill the reliability...what "staged" progression of changes would you suggest (ie: cam, ecu, exhaust working towards turbo and major engine changes).

Thanks

Vince

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
if you have plans to make big power down the road, personally, I wouldn't waste money on anything for a K03 turbo.

DV - diverter valve - This valve dumps boost that is built up in the charge pipe (intake) when you let off the gas pedal. This vavle is necessary so you don't stall the compressor when the throttle body slams shut.

Variant - Wagon

B5 - this is the platform the car is built on. An audi a4 is also a B5.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Best bang for money is chipping, you should see from 30 to 40 HP gain with no issues.

ECU is under windshild on drivers side in engine compartment.
Behind firewall, black plastic box.When you open it inside is ECU and on it you will find both BOSCH part# and VAG/VW part #. Other way is to Vag-Com your car and it will give you your ECU #

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.