Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to clubb5 and to my 1999 Passat, so I appreciate any and all feedback.

Is there any way to display the clock and time when driving? I only seem to be able to display the MPG and I'd rather see the time like in my Jetta...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey Pazzat,

Don't mean to state the obvious but have you tried using the switch on the right side/windshield wiper control stalk? That's all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah on the very end of your wiper blade (the stick to the right of the steering wheel), there is up and down buttons just hit those. Scrolls through the various display options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your input and for being kind enough not to call me a total idiot for not reading the manual myself! Ha, ha!

Anyways, thanks again for the input and-- IT WORKS! My wife will be thrilled!

--Pazzat

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yep! That happened to me too. I bought my 99 and since they take the owner's manual off (I wonder why?!), I didnt know how either. On your right lever, there's a button, up and down, on the outside of it. That's what you use to scroll through your driving logging. And also, you probably doesn't know either, you can reset the information on it by pressing and holding for 1 second the reset button, which is located under the lever! Notice too, you have 2 loggings of each, kinda like fm1 and fm2, that way you can have the log of lets say one way of the trip, and without reseting it, you can log the way back! You should be able to read "reset" on the lever while seating in your car. I hope it helps! Congrats on your :b5: :thumbup: !

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
One problem down... now where did that gas pedal go... Hehe just kidding. We all have our break in time with new cars. Enjoy it and welcome to the club :drink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts