Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not the back but where your ass goes

in my old jetta it pulled up a little like a inch then you grabed into the crack and pulled it forward

but on the passat it didnt want to come i gave it a good yank and it seems like its catching on esomething and i dont want to break anything so rather than do something newbie i thought i would ask something newbie first

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
AA is right...it really requires a tough pull to get them to come up. I thought I was going to break something the first time I wanted to fold them forward.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i guess that when you have a 4motion sedan, the back seats don't fold down :thumbdow:
What's your model?

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
BrianLenaghan said:
the bottom of the rear seat does not come up on the B5.5. The back folds down over it giving a flat base continuing from the trunk.
Not according to the manual that came with my B5.5 2003 variant....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Altair 4 said:
BrianLenaghan said:
the bottom of the rear seat does not come up on the B5.5. The back folds down over it giving a flat base continuing from the trunk.
Not according to the manual that came with my B5.5 2003 variant....
And not according to personal experience with my 2002 Variant. :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Must be a europe/UK thing. Checked my book and car again and there is no way the seat comes up as part of the folding routine. There is no need since the rear folds flat with the floor.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The rear bench does come up, but it is not a part of the folding routine. I needed to get under the seat to run some wiring to my trunk for my subs. Could come in handy if something falls in the crack of the seat and you cant reach it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts