Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some new a6 wheels today, 17" with bridgestone potenza 225/45/17 replacing the 17" avus S4 wheels and mich pilot sports 225/45 in front 245/40 in the rear. it corners much better without the staggered tire sizes.

also i removed all the orange caps from my rear blinkers and sidemarkers, what a nice touch it makes.

here is some before and afters, the blinkers dont look as bright as the pic shows, bad camera effect.

rims before:

rims after:

sidemarkers before (lit and unlit):

sidemarkers after:

and the rear blinkers, after pic only:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whoa that last pic looks like you got uneven ground clearing (but in a good way) is it just me, or is your front lower than the back? :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i sort of like the old ones better myself, but these are growing on me. i think some spacers in the back would help too. and yeah, it seems my front is a little lower than the rear, thats my dukes of hazard style :wink: .

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I love the Tocattas.. they are a rare and nice OEM style wheel. You can get VW centercaps to fit them too (New Beetle has Tocattas in 5X100 as an option).
-Lelo

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the new rims, maybe it gives the car a little less of a "sporty" look and more of a "classy" look, if that makes any sense. Love the painted lowers, too.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
1.8tbeout said:
Wheels look great.
Nice rake. It looks like the Bilstein Sports do a nice job on the Eibachs, too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow your A6 rims look just like a set of Tocatta rims for MK4. Looks much sportier than before. I like either look.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i love both,your car looks right on!! what lowering kit did you use?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like the look of your rear blinkers. What did you do to get that look?

BTW, what are you going to do with the Avus rims you took off?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts