Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

New wheels and soundsystem.

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Darold2002 
#1 ·
Its been a while, and I would like to share some of my recent upgrades.

Here are my new wheels and the trunk install that took me forever to have finished.

It took me a while, but I'm excited to finally be able to share my recent pics with you guys. More info can be found by clicking here.

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, I do have a slight itch to lower my car again. I had The Neuspeed setup a few months ago, but was so low that I had to remove it :cry: . I scrapped over speed bumps, and the car was no longer a joy to drive when I had to worry about every road obsticle. It handled amazing though. The suspension made it feel like it was a much smaller vehicle. I am thinking of lowering it again, but want only a minimal drop. Nothing too slammed.

Radio:

Close-up:

How low I use to be:

#13 ·
Darold, Sweet rims, btw is that Buttler Tire next to the big chicken?

Can't wait to see the car in person, also what tires did you end up getting?
No, I got the work done at Butler Tire in Buckhead. But I know the Big Chicken. Marietta? It use to be ouor directions for finding my uncles house when he lived there.

u dont happen to have a pic of how u mounted the screen in ur glove box do u??
Actually, I need to find a place that can instal it the way I want. It is currently just sitting in there being unused. I want to mount it to the top of the glove box on a hinge so I can fold it back and up in order to keep as much space as possible. Can anyone reccomend a good car adioo shop in Atl?

Man I like that PS2 Idea.. I would go for XBox.., but.. show details on that if you could please.. the screen, the controller setup, the price..
The screen is an alpine 5.8 widescren. I plan on getting a second one so I can mount both in the headrests, and getting a larger screen for the glove box later. The controller is wireless, and just sitting in the glove box for now. The price to have the work done on the amp rack is why I can't post any new pictures. Since having taken the pictures, the rack has fallen off the rear deck and is resting on the sub box. I got the work done at the closest installer for convienience, but ended up getting what I apid for. All the work, including re-installing the amps, hardwiring the power adaptor etc cost $300. I would gladly pay double to have it done correctly. I am bringing the box back to the instller when I find time and demanding it be fixed, but I have no idea how thats going to go.

BTW those tires are shiny... looks bad against that dull, dirty wheel well.. clean em up and apply your dressing.
Or I could just not use tire shine j/k :)

Thanks for all the great feedback. Feels good to finally be able to show off my new toys and get positive posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.