Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around this forum for a couple of months and after a lot of searching found my car. I purchased a 2003 W8 6spd with the sport package. It only has 27,000 miles on it and a CPO warranty that I transfered from the previous owner. I absolutely love it!! The sound of this car is amazing. The only complaints I have are the chrome it kind of milky looking and the headlights have some moisture in them. Other than that I can't seem to wipe the grin off of my face every time I drive it.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Welcome fellow W8er!
I've had mine almost 2 months, and still love it.
Where are you, and what color did you get?
I have 2003 sedan Blue Spirit with Black interior.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome aboard, berg!
Gotta love the W8.
Sounds like a great find.

About the headlights...may just be condensation or it may be a crack in the headlight unit.
Put your headlights on for 10 or 15 minutes...does the water disappear? Then its condensation.
If not, take it back to the dealer to have it checked. Might as well use that CPO!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The dealer will tell you, with a straight poker face, that "condensation is normal in the W8 HID housings...".
I know my extended waranty (not through VWoA) excludes headlights, lamps, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is Silverstone Grey and I am in Columbia, MO. Thanks for the heads up on the headlights. I will see what the dealer says.... also should I bring up the milky chrome trim or am I asking too much?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
It is Silverstone Grey and I am in Columbia, MO. Thanks for the heads up on the headlights. I will see what the dealer says.... also should I bring up the milky chrome trim or am I asking too much?
Do it if you're under B2B.
I wish I had.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do it if you're under B2B.
I wish I had.
I definitely will then. Also one other individual brought up a good point...we need a W8 sub-forum. I find it incredibly hard to search for W8 info since the search engine won't allow a two-letter search (or is there a trick?) Thanks

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Welcome to the club :thumbup:

I used to live in Columbia, MO. (Stadium Blvd). Mizzou is doing well this season :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That wasn't my reading - contracts are always subject to interpretation.
Milky trim seems to uncertain in nature - my 2003 GLX had it, but I attributed it to the FL sun.
My W8 is a MN car, same yaer 2003, and the chrome is fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the club :thumbup:

I used to live in Columbia, MO. (Stadium Blvd). Mizzou is doing well this season :thumbup:
Yes, except for the past couple of games.

That wasn't my reading - contracts are always subject to interpretation.
Milky trim seems to uncertain in nature - my 2003 GLX had it, but I attributed it to the FL sun.
My W8 is a MN car, same yaer 2003, and the chrome is fine.
Damn, guess I will duke it out with the dealer (I have not picked one yet.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to PW! Post some pics if you can..would love to see some pics..Do you have any mods planned?
No mods planned as of yet. I am going to have the windows retinted but I don't really consider that a mod. I wish there was an exhaust mod because I love the sound of this engine!

I will post some pics after I get her all cleaned up.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
There are two choices on exhaust (other than leaving it alone - it does sound good!): custom job with 2.5" mandrel bent stainless into MagnaFlow or Borla mufflers - about 900.00+; just replace the rear mufflers with Remus units, but those are expensive (V6 4Motion mufflers are about 275.00 each - not sure on W8 pricing).
Consider doing a H&R/ Bilstein suspension upgrade - maybe even add the 1BE sway bar?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Welcome to yet another fellow W8 owner! Be sure to hit up Tom Parish, as he has a W8 registry website set up and will add you to the growing list.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerziy1/

:thumbup:

I wish we have special thread about W8 since it is special car. :)
Werd! :D

I understand it doesn't cover bulbs and such, but shouldn't it cover a defective headlamp assembly?
I would assume this would fall under the "cosmetic" category, therefore not covered under warranty unless it's bumber to bumper. If that's the case I would have taken advantage of this a loooong time ago (my pass. side headlight fogs up as well). :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts