Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sharan antenna on my car now, but think it'd be even cooler to have the new VW antenna, as seen on the Phaeton and a few other Euro-only cars. What are the chances it would work?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, same kinda thing- but those are bigger from what I can tell. The new VW one is 'just right'. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
im sure it can be done, i was thinking about this before. but it would involve taking down the headliner and changing the antena base, all of which is very hard and easy, for a new DIYer to mess up. i would rather not have a creased headliner and a leaky roof. im sure a pro, or a shop could do this easily, but it wasn't the mod for me

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
im sure it can be done, i was thinking about this before. but it would involve taking down the headliner and changing the antena base, all of which is very hard and easy, for a new DIYer to mess up. i would rather not have a creased headliner and a leaky roof. im sure a pro, or a shop could do this easily, but it wasn't the mod for me
Well, any DECENT car audio shop should be able to do this.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
AntWrig said:
jeffsu350 said:
Well, any DECENT car audio shop should be able to do this.
im sure they could, but i wanted a cheaper DIY job, not an expensive pay someone to do it job, maybe when i have more $ or are out of mods to do

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
There are some VW Sharan replica antennas found on eBay.
I think www.parts4vws.com may have OEM ones.
These should be a direct fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
aowhaus
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing