Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we can't have real semi-auto rifles that "look like this" here in the People's Republic of California :crazy:

I wanted to get a BB gun/rifle that shoots pellets for plinking in the garage...

Tokyo Marui G36C Airsoft rifle:

Amazing how well Airsoft products are selling everywhere...

Although I'm sure it'll take just one careless jackass who shoots his baby brother's eye out or some brain dead moron who decides he's going to point one at a police officer to get these banned...just like Lawn Darts :weirdo:

Anyone here participate in Airsoft skirmishes?

/karl

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I've been considering getting a Tokyo Marui HK MP5 RAS. It looks like a lot of fun for the dollar, but I'd like to actually look at an airsoft gun before I buy it. Did you buy from overseas or did you get it in the US?

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
Hell you pull one of those out on the street and your likely to have some fool of a cop blow you away before he asks you if it's a real weapon.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwil said:
I've been considering getting a Tokyo Marui HK MP5 RAS. It looks like a lot of fun for the dollar, but I'd like to actually look at an airsoft gun before I buy it. Did you buy from overseas or did you get it in the US?
I found a good deal from someone local in the SF Bay Area via eBay :lol:

V6er - anyone who pulls out anything that can be misconstrued as a weapon on an officer...well... :suspicio:

/karl

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hell you pull one of those out on the street and your likely to have some fool of a cop blow you away before he asks you if it's a real weapon.
I'm sorry... but if I see someone pull that out on me, I'm shooting before I ask questions. I'm not going to stand around an ask "um excuse me, is that a real gun or is that one of those fake ones?" For if it is real, I'm dead before I ever get an answer.

These "look alike" guns are popping up everywhere. People are brandishing them like real weapons now in road rage incidents and civil arguements. What people don't realize is that you can be charged with brandishing a weapon just the same with a toy look alike as the real deal. If you intent was to scare or otherwise threaten someone, doesn't matter if it is real or fake, your going to jail anyways. It is only going to be matter of time before someone, or some kids brandish it towards an officer, and that officer isn't going to stop and ask questions if he feels his life is in danger.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Buy now before they are banned. Remember toy guns as a kid? I dare you to find a shiny cowboy colt revolver replica on any toystore shelf anywhere in the US now.

Seriously tho, these guns - just like their real steel cousins - have an appropriate place and that place isn't in public. These guns are not really toys by any means and can seriously hurt someone, so the same common sense precautions apply as if you were handling a real gun. Too bad some people are too darwin challenged to understand that.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jwil said:
Buy now before they are banned. Remember toy guns as a kid? I dare you to find a shiny cowboy colt revolver replica on any toystore shelf anywhere in the US now.

Seriously tho, these guns - just like their real steel cousins - have an appropriate place and that place isn't in public. These guns are not really toys by any means and can seriously hurt someone, so the same common sense precautions apply as if you were handling a real gun. Too bad some people are too darwin challenged to understand that.
No kidding...the problem is, parents don't give a crap and some people just have no common sense, whether it be a real firearm or not. They'll end up giving folks who are serious about firearms a bad name.

We all know it only takes one fool who doesn't follow the safety rules with firearms, or some low-life who decides to mow down some kids with his 9...next thing you know everyone is up in arms and wants ALL firearms banned :weirdo: .

With a "toy" like this, I, and anyone else who touches it, follows the same 4 basic gun safety rules I do with all my firearms...

/karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
SpecialKDog1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing