Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone-

its true- im a newbie. but proud of it. ive always wanted a silver passat and now ive got one. AND with a new car comes some questions...im looking forward to hearing what you guys think...

i just got a 99 passat, 5spd with 39K on it. the car is awesome.

i noticed on the engine, there was a VW emblem. the emblem is now gone, some one must have swiped it before i bought it.
but i really would like that emblem back where it belongs. how do i go about this? .....maybe buy one off EBAY and use some adhesive to get it back on? or is there a better way??

any comments are really appreciated!!

thanks- and im looking forward to answering topics when i get a little more experience under my belt.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The glue just fails and the emblem comes off. I tried regluing mine once without any luck...

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've never seen any glue on mine. I had one fall into the engine bay never to be seen again. The new one I bought just snapped in.

You can get one from a dealer for like 13 dollars IIRC. Not more than 20 for sure.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'd lost mine but found it wedged between the heat shield and head when I did a VC gasket replacement. I used high-temp RTV to hold it in place and it's still there. HTH :thumbup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies- i'll double check around the engine- then maybe check with the dealer

·
Registered
381 Posts
How about high temperature silicone? Put some under it like caulk. It will hold it in place, not become brittle or dry, and the heat won't bother it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
the day i got my B5 the damn badge fell off onto the f*cking turbo and melted :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: so i ordered a new one for 12$cnd from my dealer :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts