Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

Brand new to the club...after a few weeks of researching what I considered "top-shelf" pre-owned cars on the market, I ended up going with a Colorado Red 1999 Passat 1.8t

Very excited about the car--and even more excited to see what an incredible forum and resource you all have going on here--I'll be browsing as much as I can to learn the finer points of the B5, and for those interested, here's some preliminary "stock" pics of the car!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome and very nice car, I am a newbie too, I just picked up a Blue 2K 1.8T.

I love this forum, people are very helpful and they respond to questions quickly :b5:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Nice clean red car man!! Ooooo the stock days, I miss them from time to time! haha.....first off, get some floor mats, and second take that dealer stamp off so your not owned! Haha....damn the dealer!

Oh yea.....Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha...funny you mention that :D

1) Took the dealer sticker off about 0.0982375 seconds after I got it home...

and

2) It did come with very nice VW floormats; I guess they just weren't in the car in those pics!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hey gietl do you have any more pics of your car with that kamei grill? I've been considering getting that myself but I dont think i've seen it on a colo red (that doesnt have the body kit). Sweet ride too, totally deserves its "RMCB5 MOTM" title :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, like I said I'm still a *huge* newbie...but I did have a few planned mods in mind...PLEASE let me know if any of these is a terrible idea or if you have a better suggestion!!

-Kamei S4-style sport grille (to replace the stock VW louvered grille)
-Crystal Clear corner marker light covers (just looks cool in my opinion)
-GIAC performance chip (this place called A.W.E. Tuning appears to be very professional and deals with GIAC exclusively, and is only about 45 minutes from me, so I could have it done by an expert...? )
-17" Wheels & Tires (eventually, when I find something I like)
-Upgraded suspension/shocks/coil-overs

That's really all I'd feel comfortable with at this point, I don't want to go absolutely crazy with the car--one thing though, is an aftermarket blow-off valve recommended? I've heard the stock "DV" is rather sketchy, so I may consider a nice Apex'i or Bailey BOV in the near future! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
good taste my friend, I would say do it in this order and i'll put down what im doing to mine next to it since we both basically have bone stock colo red's and to give you a basic idea..

-wheels (16" Montreals)
-suspension (H&R sport springs w/koni shocks, .75" drop)
-GIAC chip (yeah)
-cc's and kamei grill at same time (getting projector beam headlights w/cc's via the GB, go check that one out Cullen might have some extra's, thinking about getting the kamei grill now that i've seen gietl's car)
-also working on the chas bar, neuspeed sway bar

also, when things like rotars and pads wear out, dont go to the dealership for new parts, check online as you can get some good Brembo rotars and Mintex pads for less than OEM and it'll be much betta! Also, you should try to get that dealer thingy under the "passat" emblem off the back :) .

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Nice :b5: and of course, welcome to the club. I hope you get to love and appriciate your :b5: as much as we most do, as you can see :lol: . Good luck with all the futur mods, i am going to be doing the same soon since mine is bone stocl as well outside of tinted windows and a few minor others. Later....RAH. :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
First off I would like to welcome you to club:b5: . :drink:
As you have already mentioned this site is a great place for knowledge as well as ideas. For example I feel one of the things you should look into is painting your lower valances the same color of your :b5:. To get an idea of what IM talking about click on Redb5sdca member thread. :wink:

And here's what my ride looks with them painted. :lol:

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Flippped said:
Redb5sdca member thread. :wink:
Welcome here she is.... great color choice by the way!

chucchinchilla said:
hey gietl do you have any more pics of your car with that kamei grill? I've been considering getting that myself but I dont think i've seen it on a colo red (that doesnt have the body kit). Sweet ride too, totally deserves its "RMCB5 MOTM" title :thumbup:
Haven't you seen my ride theres no body kit there buddy :poke: :wink:

-Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
jeffsu350
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing