Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive had my 2000 1.8T since october and now im gettin interested in making it faster...ok so heres the problem its an automatic. i dont know how much better i can make it but honestly im not too impressed by the "turbo." dont get me wrong though, i do love the car i just want to know what i can do with it.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
My advice would be to read a few more forum posts about the turbo, upgrades, intakes and so on.

That should give you more of an idea about what it is you want to do and then, if you can't find any information after searching, post a new topic.

Welcome to the club :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
bobs 1.8T said:
well ive had my 2000 1.8T since october and now im gettin interested in making it faster...ok so heres the problem its an automatic. i dont know how much better i can make it but honestly im not too impressed by the "turbo." dont get me wrong though, i do love the car i just want to know what i can do with it.
welcome.

of course you arent impressed..the turbo makes 6-7 psi (150hp--in your 00 model.) and probably only 120ish-130 to the ground..to move a car that weighs about 3100-3200 pounds. and it is an automatic.

tons of lag.

Chip it..or you can get a bigger turbo..depends how fat your wallet is.

or just save up and get something else:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone...i think for now im gunna research the chips a little bit more and then the turbos...today my "emissions workshop" light came on so im gunna go take it in right away. has that happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i took my car in to my friends shop and they tried to hook up a computer to it to see whats wrong but it didnt read anything...my car wasnt "talking" to it so to speak. so i have an idea of where im starting with my car. first i already have some 18's im gunna put on it once theyre powder coated (im goin for silver finish or gun-metal), and some new tires (235 40 18). and once thats finished im goin to buy some lowering springs and drop it about 2 1/2 or 2 3/8. im still doing research on a chip and that will probably come next. then maybe an exhaust.. i would like to put in a bigger turbo but with that comes all the extra stuff needed such as BOV/DV, guages and things like that.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Do you not want to at least first work out why the CEL is on before "pimping your ride"?

If you have an aftermarket stereo fitted, remove it then try and connect it up to the computer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the tip. the mechanic that was looking at it said that his old computer was burned out by a jetta with an aftermarket deck, twice. so that might have been the problem. i definitely will get that checked but the only reason im "pimping my ride" is because my friend who works there got these rims for me and theyve just been sitting there. i need new tires anyway so why not put finally get them on my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts