Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

New to forum, gonna buy a B5 when I get back from Iraq

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  Sullie 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been doing some researching and decided on B5 Passat V6 for when I get back from this deployment in Iraq next year. Just have to survive another 10 months or so with my good old buddy the .50 cal and then I'll get her. I've owned 3 VAG cars, 2 old VW's and my current vehicle that I'm selling now is a '96 A4 2.8 Quattro, so I'm pretty familiar with them. Have to stay in the family, you know. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and if you have any grand advice on what to look for, let me know. Thanks...
Matt

#10 ·
Be safe, be cool, and come back in one piece, watch yourself in the next ten month :thumbup: . Welcome to the :b5: club as well and good choice on the car, even so i would of gone with the 1.8T :lol: :thumbup: . .50, as of Barrett??........Later.................Rah................... :b5: :thumbup: .

#19 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all your support. One of the guys in my platoon just died yesterday...if you could pray for his family I'd appreciate it, he left a wife and 2 kids behind. I'm looking forward to asking some questions of you guys in the future. Thanks again...

#21 ·
mjd932 said:
Hey guys, thanks for all your support. One of the guys in my platoon just died yesterday...if you could pray for his family I'd appreciate it, he left a wife and 2 kids behind. I'm looking forward to asking some questions of you guys in the future. Thanks again...
You are all in my prayers. Sad to hear about your platoon member. Be safe and kick ass. We support you all! :bow:

#22 ·
mdj932 - sorry to hear about your friend. :( Ya'll do your best to come home safe, and hopefully soon.

Send a PM to ClubB5 member "NUISANCE" -- he was deployed in Iraq, but recently came home with knee damage.

Welcome to the club!

#23 ·
Welcome to ClubB5! I saw your A4 on your website...nice clean looking machine. It sounds like you'll be just A.R. enough to fit in around here! :D When you get home, get somebody to give you a ride in a chipped 1.8T, maybe you'll reconsider the V6???

In any event, come home safe...and much thanks :bow: :bow: :bow: for all you and your bro's in arms are doing over there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.