·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new tint
30% front
15% rear

I have a few question

1. there are some bubbles but the installer said they should go away after a week or so, if not go back and they will fix it- this normal?

2. i go to a full service car wash, should i be worried? what do they use to clean the windows?

3. should i leave the car out in the sun? its always parked in my garage, its not even my daily driver, i usually use it in the weekends only

4. I guess i cant put the windows down for 1 week?

Ill take some pics later this week

Thanks in advanced!

Next thing on the shopping list is a REVO chip!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Some bubbles will happen, most will shrink. If they are near the edge, rub them out of the edge with your finger or a credit card.

Most tint info will say not to use cleaner with ammonia (i.e. Windex). Hopefully your car wash knows this, or you should tell them you have tint (if they need to be told).

Leave the windows up for at least 3 days. In the sun will help evaporate the water under the tint, but it's not required.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from a local car show we had

i dindt take this pic, ill take some and post them later

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The bubbles will evaporate, but be on the lookout for "fingers" along the edges of the windows. These need to be pressed back down so the film is once again in contact with the window. I've always taken the vehicles I've had tinted back to the shop a few days later and let them work out any imperfections.

I would not roll your windows down for the full week they recommended, if you try to do it too soon you may peel the film off of the window. I just tinted my A6, and even though it's in a heated garage both at home and work, I haven't rolled down my windows for two weeks. We have colder weather here obviously, but I waited until I couldn't see any bubbles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts