Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I guess VAG has been doing something electrical in nature....normally it's the Japanese that are going all crazy with electronics. Cool stuff, except I don't think too many of us want our cars being driven by computers :wink: that's why some cars don't have power steering like the Pontiac Vibe (my friend just got a 2004 and it doesn't have PS!?) and the old BMW 318IS's.

Heck of a concept car on the second page, it'll be interesting to see one in person.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
FWD cars w/o powersteering = death trap. There's some RWD cars w/o them though, like the Miata, and all the Smart cars iirc.

Hasn't all of this technology been developed already? Mercedes has done more than half of 'em (albeit not too well), Cadillac has the night vision w/ a HUD (which is 10x better than the popup LCD), and Toyota has the automatic parking on the Prius. Nothing seems "brand new". :crazy:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, I think that it doesn't have ABS, I just mixed the thingies up :poke:

But, I have seen the Caddy HUD with infrared, I don't think they made nightvision. Or maybe they did both. Oh well, I heard about it a really long time ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Kiyoshi
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing