1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
baisee00 said:

Some Photoshop modding :p

Peace and blessings to crew219 for the borbet caps:thumbup:

Tails smoked by venom spewer

look awesome baisee00, but me personally I like the old tail lights which is darker( just my 2 cent) :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.8T2003B5 said:
clean car..
are those tails still considered illegal in cali?
and what kind of brake rotors do you have?
no they are not legal in Cali but they're not AS noticeable as my old ones, they were really dark.

the brake rotors are zimmerman cross drilled

i liked the old tails better too but they were too dark for Cali cops

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Tails look good, but for some reason they look too matte finished. Clear coat them, or wet sand buff to match the rest of the bling on your car.

Lookin good man, er, woman.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chrisyoon said:
Tails look good, but for some reason they look too matte finished. Clear coat them, or wet sand buff to match the rest of the bling on your car.
They are cc'd and polished. Car is really just dirty, it was rained on and dried the next day. yuck.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
baisee00 said:
no they are not legal in Cali but they're not AS noticeable as my old ones, they were really dark.

Sure they are. There's nothing in the vehicle code about not being able to tint/modify your tails. A cop COULD get you for reflectors, but that's an easy fix.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Straight from my friend who's a CHP officer. BTW he's a car enthusiast so he knows what mods are.

V.C. Section 26101 said:
Modification of Vehicle Equipment

26101. No person shall sell or offer for sale for use upon or as part of the equipment of a vehicle, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle, any device that is intended to modify the original design or performance of any lighting equipment, safety glazing material, or other device, unless the modifying device meets the provisions of Section 26104. This section does not apply to a taillamp or stop lamp in use on or prior to December 1, 1935, or to lamps installed on authorized emergency vehicles.
Amended Sec. 26, Ch. 945, Stats. 1997. Effective January 1, 1998.
V.C. Section 26104 said:
Required Laboratory Tests

26104. (a) Every manufacturer who sells, offers for sale, or manufactures for use upon a vehicle devices subject to requirements established by the department shall, before the device is offered for sale, have laboratory test data showing compliance with such requirements. Tests may be conducted by the manufacturer.
So you'd probably say how about V.C. 24600 stating...

V.C. Section 24600 said:
(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.
He'll just refer you to V.C. 26104 to back up your test data showing the 1,000 feet to the rear requirement. Also he can cite you on 26101. That's how he told me no matter what cvc's you cite, there's always another CVC that applies. There's gray areas that overlap...

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Look the same to me C. Regardless its always nice to see your ride. makes me want to go out and take some pictures of my car. I actually need to I've done a few things no one here has seen yet.:lol:

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
baisee00 said:

F THE CALI POLICE....i almost got arrested for not having my plates on.....(no id/insurance/registration on me either haha)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely nice new tails. Like someone already said, it flows with the car very nicely.

How come that 20th looks so long? Shortbus? :lol:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
baisee00 said:
thanks v-dub duluth! i lost another one of those nuts changing the tails! hehe
LOL! I've had this happen to me on a couple of occiasions as well I even had it happen one time on RL331's car when I was installing his Euro Tails. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
V-Dub Duluth said:
I have some spares, can mail ya a couple if ya want!
hehe i used some of the spares you sent me, still have a couple! you saved the day! thanks!

currently I have 2 sets of tails I think.... but total I think i've had .... 4 or 5 sets :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts