Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a lowering suspension (shocks and springs) for my 99 1.8t wagon and noticed that there are not a lot of options for a mild drop. I can get either the sport set-up (HR or Nuespeed) with an aggressive drop, or a oem set-up (eibach) with a mild drop.

I'm looking at the Eibach pro-system (mild drop, comfortable ride) and wondered if there are other options that will get me the same results.

I still have to use the car daily and haul the wife and kids. I just want to get a more sporty ride and lowered.

I've experienced HR's and Sachs on my 90 GLI and liked the results. (The wife even said it was fun to drive).

Let me know what your opinions are for the wagon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Eibach is the best for moderate drop and retains closer to OEM ride comfort. The setup is stiff but not as stiff as most. You should also look into Neuspeed SoftSport or H&R OE Sport with Koni Adjustables and just dial it soft. Hope it helps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at H&R, but they don't list OE sports for the Variant.

I'm leaning toward the Eibach for the system approach (all in one package).

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
The Eibach Prokit is probably your best bet. It offers a moderate drop, and like said above, retains most of your ride comfort for a daily driven car. The H&R OE's are basicly the same as the Eibach's.

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
H&R's sedan and variant springs are the same.... that may be why you don't see a seperate listing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts