Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
re did my subs... tell me what u guys think. i did it like a month a go but never had time to put it up
i changed from 2 power acoustic 12 inch subs to 2 10 inch infinity subs.
it sounds alot sharper but not as loud.

Before

After

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
It's not as loud since you went from a bandpass box to a sealed box, that's about a 6dB difference at a minimum. It looks better now though and I think you'll really like the SQ of the system better now. I'm diggin' the amp mounting. Did you use angle iron?

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
na i actually used really hard oak wood that was a pain in the ass to cut :-d i kinda messed up on the carpet tho but its not noticable unless u did it lol. thanks tho i love the sq.. i want the infinity compont speakers now!!! :p

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Looks nice, never seen an install like that that I can recall.

As about it not being as loud. You went from 2 12s in a bandpass to 2 10s sealed. Well, ummmm durrrr.

Looks really cool though man.

Should have the sub section of my stereo here pretty soon. Ordered a Resonant Engineering RE12 on Friday, and my boy is building me a ported box for it. Should be all the bass I need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.