Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to club, but I'm hooked. My wife thinks that I love my passat more than her and I'm afraid to tell her the truth. I have 2004 1.8t with almost 5k miles. I have done a few minor mods, but I'm ready for something more substantial. I need some help deciding what to do first.

New Shoes (18" HP evos) or a Chip (probably APR DPP)

·
Registered
89 Posts
duh! Chip! Chip make car go fast. Shoes no fun if not going fast.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
i say chip, i would do the shoes and suspension at the same time, no use in gettin awesome rims w/ tourage ride hight
agreed 100%, although i would suggest to do the suspension and wheels before the chip, you'll feel safer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Get the chip first, which will require you to get the suspension upgrade in order to be safe. And I'm sure your wife wants you in a safe vehicle, right? Safety first ! And please consider a GIAC chip, which I have in my '98 Passat 1.8T manual.
Kevin

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was faced with the same proposition and decided to upgrade the suspension first. The sport suspension alone will make it seem like your driving a new car, and one that can handle the extra ponies.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
i would go for the new shoes, even if i would love either or, but you will get better handling and lower height, which will help once you get the chip later :thumbup: . Ah, forget it, do it all :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: , dont look back :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
The suspension upgrade may give you more :D 's /mile than you think!

Besides, just like everyone else above said, a chipped Passat on stock suspension is slightly unnerving at higher speeds when curves come up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody for the input, Gonna go order the shoes and hit the GB for the suspension. I think that I'm gonna need a second job :D

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
S_Klass said:
The suspension upgrade may give you more :D 's /mile than you think!

Besides, just like everyone else above said, a chipped Passat on stock suspension is slightly unnerving at higher speeds when curves come up!
suspension upgrade is definately worth it. definately handles much better. it's not a sports car though. i tried to follow a Z3 this morning in a turn, and i barely made it with the tires skidding. the Z3 just cruised though the turn.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Had the same problem of Chip Vs shoes, I got new shoes b/c i think it make's the car look better. The chip on the other had, well you only know it's there

So i would go Shoes-->Suspension-->Chip= :D

Good luck with whatever you pick! :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts