Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting 17 on low profiles, so i need to know how much higher my car will sit on the stock suspension. :nervous:

Any info or pictures would be helpful! :bow:

thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It depends on what size tire you get. You'll find more info in the wheel & tire forum.

99.999999999999% percent of the people on here will say "don't get 17's without LOWERING IT first." This should be a golden rule.

See this link for tire/wheel diameter differences.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I can't tell you exactly in inches but it will be a lot more noticeable than your stock wheels. Next mod=shocks & springs :wink:

Update: Looking back at some old pics, if you get 225/45's with 17" wheels, you'll have about a 3" gap....Toureg style :D

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DogWitaB5 said:
I can't tell you exactly in inches but it will be a lot more noticeable than your stock wheels. Next mod=shocks & springs :wink:
Think i could get away running them for about a month or so?
:nervous:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DogWitaB5 said:

Update: Looking back at some old pics, if you get 225/45's with 17" wheels, you'll have about a 3" gap....Toureg style :D
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So how much are spring and shocks gonna cost me, any suggestion for drop?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Turbo2000 said:
Think i could get away running them for about a moth or so?
Definitely. The bigger wheels and the performance tires will make a noticeable difference. Less floaty boat. :thumbup: Then when you upgrade your suspension down the road, it will be like driving a new car. :D

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what kinda Springs/shocks do you have? Any suggestion for drop, type of spring ect. i dont know much about that kinda stuff, so any help would be great! :D

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey i gotta go bell's gonna ring, I'll be on again about 5-6 hope you on!!

Thanks for all of the help! :bow:
ethan

BTW what is your name?

·
Registered
547 Posts
turbo2000 said:
So how much are spring and shocks gonna cost me, any suggestion for drop?
Average estimate is around $800 for shocks, springs and installation. There is lots of posts here about suspension preference. Take a look at some.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Also jump on into the GB forum and look at the Suspension GBs going on there. I think there is an FK coil-over GB and there are Neuspeed Sport/SofSport Springs, Koni shocks, Bilstein shocks GBs as well. Read the GB threads and you will encounter the questions other people asked as well as answers, photos and comments.

Most of all, enjoy the ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts