Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, pumping a lot of love into the CGT lately. I'm now hunting for these:

I LOVE these seats. They are Recaros out of a Jetta GLI, or Golf GTI. Similar seats can be found in the 16v Sciroccos. Now the hard part...find a set that look as good as these...

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Wow. That looks very nice, with huge side bolsters!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't use 90 seats, they don't flip forward...other than that, I'd LOVE to have them...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Those will look awesome

·
Registered
936 Posts
duandcc said:
I can't use 90 seats, they don't flip forward...other than that, I'd LOVE to have them...

i know that the 90 seats come compleately apart, foam including......you couldnt use your seat frame, 90 sport foam and leather covers?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like too much work even it if all fit properly, plus Cheryl hates leather...and i have always wanted Recaro seats...

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a set and have worked out a deal. The set I'm getting are the ones pictuired here! 9.5 out of ten, almsot perfect and they are "premodded" to fit a Type85! Yup, the poor guy who owns the 4000 quattro they are in now blew his engine (pegged the temp guages and continued to drive) and is parting it out. Too bad for him but lucky for me!

·
Registered
667 Posts
congrats, I have a set of these in my jetta coupe. I have to say, one of the most comfortable seats I have sat in. I think these are even better than the ones in the later model GLi's and GTi's ( all grey). I think the ones pictured are known as "Recaro Trophy", at least thats what everyone on the 'Tex calls them.

Pic of my interior:

enjoy,
big byrd

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, that's what they are called according to my research, Trophy Recaros. How are they for long drives? Comfey? What about getting into/out of them? Do the bolsters make it difficult? I'm totally psyched...

·
Registered
667 Posts
They are very comfortable on long drives. I recently drove my coupe to MD for my VR install (4hours), and I never felt a bit fatigued. I dont have any problems getting in and out of mine, but I also need my lower left bolster redone, its sagging right now. Only problem I have with them is, sometimes I switch shoes once I get to my destination, you def. cant do that from the drivers seat. You cant sit in the seat with your feet outside the car. Thats it, no other problems, like I said, one of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

big byrd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts