Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I just bought a Certified 2013 VW Passat and it has manual cloth seats. I'd
prefer leather. I've seen some quality seat covers @leatherseats.com and katzkin
but I'm wondering if it's worth me trying to find the seats at a salvage.

I can get the seat covers from leatherseats.com for $750 and try to do it myself. I
checked one local auto upholstery shop (they use Katzkin) and they quoted me $950.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you get leather seats from a salvage yard, make sure they're in good condition before taking them out - not too dirty, with no tears in the leather. You may not find too many leather seats, though. You're more likely to find VW's "leatherette" seats (vinyl) installed in most Passats taken to junkyards.
But good luck, and happy hunting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the leatherette would be fine too. I'll keep my eyes open and see what's out there...

Thanks!

ps: Also, would seats from a 2012 or 2014 Passat fit easily without issue in my 2013?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think (don't really know) that any seats from any 2012 to 2015 will fit..

That said, the seats you want are out of a "SEL" Model..our 2013 has the pass through rear seat back, too. Buy the front seats complete and simply slide them onto your existing seat rails..the leather is very nice and the center sections are of a fake suede..
All of the seams are arrow straight and well finished. Our seats are Titan Black in color, very nice indeed.

The only fly-in-the-ointment is *IF* your basic Model has the wiring to support the new seats, but there is no way that these seats should cost $950..not from a yard someplace.

Our front seats have auto memory, heaters and are otherwise full power, so this is why the wiring becomes an issue.

S.E.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Yeah, i've done some research and seats from 2012-2014 SE's should fit into the S base version. The seats
from the salvage are pretty cheap. I found the driver seat (power w/o memory) for $150 and the passenger
seat for $165. Both are black leatherette.

I need to ask the salvage yard if they have the harness to run the power from the fuse box to the seats...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts