Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help please New Rims

Hi every body.

I-m pretty new at this, but i need a quick answer.
I Am buing new rims 18"x8 for my Passat.

Do I need to do anything to fit them? ex lower it. or changing springs?

It's at2002 model 1,9 tdi

Br.
Henry

·
Registered
835 Posts
I paid $1700 for them and had them on my car for 5 months. These are pretty much brand new. The tires are Falken Azensis and have about 90% tread left on them. Here are some more pictures I took today. Sorry about the quality...Make me an offer and give me some idea what shipping would be where you are...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Henry, welcome to the club. Just a bit of info. for you, this type of question should be in general discussion or the wheel and tire info. section.

With that said, you don't have to lower your car or anything to put on 18 x8 wheels. It might look a little odd because the bigger the wheels you put on the larger the gap will look around your wheel well area. I have a 2002 as well and I run an 8.5 wide wheel, lowered about 2" with no fit or rubbing issues. I suggest you do some looking around in the Wheel and Tire section to get some better input.

Once again, Welcome to the club, good to have you aboard.:thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Daaaame.. you seam to have some niiice weather in Ohio.......
We got snow snow snooow here in Sweden,would LOVE 2 put my summer rims on NOW!!!

Got to say,Real Nice rims...I would buy them if i was you..

·
Registered
371 Posts
ilcapodacapi said:
We got snow snow snooow here in Sweden,would LOVE 2 put my summer rims on NOW!!!

Same hear.I hate the winter and snow.Its only one good thing about the winter.Its coming a new Summer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
ilcapodacapi said:

Actually...it's been freezing lately

Yesterday with the wind chill it was -8 outside...burrr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts