Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car into today to get a new belly pan, have the oil changed, and get my codes run because I was getting that CEL.

She told me that there has been a HUGE recall for Passats regarding an ECU upgrade/regprogram for the tranny that will take three hours to accomplish. I told her I hadnt received anything in the mail yet.....

I think VW likes to do this to protect their image.......to keep these "recalls" quiet until it becomes a problem.

Also, in regards to the CEL....bad engine sensor they say. 130 bucks to replace....shouldnt warranty cover this??? And shouldnt warranty cover the belly pan as well?? Probably their fault anyways for not installing it correctly after the last oil change.

My grandfathers Toureg has the same recall as the passats.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too sure....I have an automatic.
I was expecting to find some more info on this here, but didnt remember reading anything about it.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Huge?

Try half a model year.

Takes an hour and a half. 1.8t, automatic only. 2002 only.

The Touareg is not the same recall because the Touareg isn't a recall to begin with. There is, however, some updated software for the TCM on Touaregs.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i did a search and couldent find anything but i did find something about a recall on some 2003 passats for there rear shocks... im sure yall already know about this one though

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
ganseg said:
What does the recall on the 2002 Tip change?
I have no idea.

They haven't told us, and I don't ever seem to notice a difference.

Probably a catalyst warm-up thing.

You can all get your VIN and call whatever dealer you go to with that information. They can look it up and tell you if your particular car is affected.

·
Registered
436 Posts
When I was at the dealer a couple weeks ago I asked about the rumored Tip fix for the slamming on downshifts in the 4motions (dont know if it occurs in FWD). The service manager said the regional VW guy told him they are working on a fix for it and it should be ready within a month or two. I dont know which cars this is going to be for but he said that the new 1.8T 4motions are getting it. The V6 4motion I had before did it also so I would assume they will do it for those too eventually.

·
Registered
54 Posts
RiverRipper said:
When I was at the dealer a couple weeks ago I asked about the rumored Tip fix for the slamming on downshifts in the 4motions (dont know if it occurs in FWD). The service manager said the regional VW guy told him they are working on a fix for it and it should be ready within a month or two. I dont know which cars this is going to be for but he said that the new 1.8T 4motions are getting it. The V6 4motion I had before did it also so I would assume they will do it for those too eventually.
The 4motion fix has been available for at least a month.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.