Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on this intake manifold all week, scraping.... sanding... buffing.... :mad:

Yesterday, it hit me... why not paint the manifold?

Here is a couple pics of what im trying to do, but now im not sure whether to continue with blending in the paint to the buffed bare metal, or just have the damn thing dipped in chrome?

And speaking of chrome, will the dipped manifold fade with the engine temperatures? Will it be a b*tch to clean and keep it shining?

Any suggestions what i should do?
How much to have a manifold dipped?

Still trying to decide???/ :???:

SORRY THE PICS ARE DARK!!!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
*bling*

:poke:

Get some power tools. Or go visit HermanH and borrow his sandblaster. :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's a metallic powder coat that helps disapate heat. you really wouldn't notice any HP difference on the intake manifold. but it's got a cool look to it. kind of a dull black or silver chrome. Alot of sportbike racers put in on exhaust parts. That's where I have seen it the most. but offroad racers use it for headers on the racetrucks as well.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
I polished mine. Not totally the best look that I wanted. Just keep in mind that when you chrome a part, it weakens the metal and retains heat, which is something that you dont want to do to the manifold. You want to keep it as cool as possible.

PM me if you have questions,
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Scuba2001
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing