Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year and a half ago I bought a 02 Passat that was hit hard in the front left as a project car to fix up and give to my daughter. It only had 10000 miles on it and was a nice car with a 1.8t engine. Looking back on it, it was too badly damaged for a fixer car. To save myself some money I bought another wrecked Passat that got t-boned on the right side. I used parts off of that car to fix the first Passat. In the end I had a lot of car left over on the parts car. So, came project number two for another daughter. I found a 03 Passat with 4000 miles on it that was hit on the front right. The parts it needed, mostly suspension, were on the parts car. This was an easier fix than the first car. I sold off the engine, transmission, steering wheel and airbags out of the parts car. But I still had a perfectly good rear end. Thus, my new project for daughter 3. I just bought a 02 Passat with rear end damage and just under 25000 miles. The first two had 1.8t engines whereas the newest one has a V-6. During the first two projects I got a lot of advice and some parts from folks on this board. I’ll look forward to posting questions and my progress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.