Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
It doesn't look different enough. THe C4S should be the turbo minus the turbo. I mean the running gear and styling should mimic that of the turbo. It's been that way for a while at least.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The engine vents/lovers remind me of the vehicles you would see in late 70s early 80s movies, i.e. Mad Maxx or Tango and Cash.....

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
Honda_to_VW said:
I'm tired of looking at 40 year old design.
i guess you won't be Honda_to_VW_to_Porsche then, will ya :poke:

·
Registered
872 Posts
That is such a nice car. Must be a blast to drive. Are you driving it in the snow like it was meant to be?

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
It doesn't look different enough. THe C4S should be the turbo minus the turbo. I mean the running gear and styling should mimic that of the turbo. It's been that way for a while at least.
it has the wide-body that the turbo will have. essentially, that's the biggest difference besides the engine and some minor body-work to accomplish cooling.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Another one of those CarerraGTs bit the dust. Crashed into a tree in the town across from me. A local VW Tuner grabbed pics of it being flatbed. Recall several other posts of crashed GTs. Must be a tough to handle vehicle.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Medrosje said:
it has the wide-body that the turbo will have. essentially, that's the biggest difference besides the engine and some minor body-work to accomplish cooling.
Point taken

but it's not like this was.
One of the most bad ass looking Porsches I've come into contact with was a black 996 C4S cab. Because it didn't have the big tail of the turbo it looked absolutely slammed. The profile really brought the car down. It looked amazing.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Patience... The 996-gen C4S wasn't released prior to the Turbo and its bodywork. It's probably safe to say that Porsche's 997 mid-cycle refresh would include a Turbo-look non-Turbo vehicle. It is interesting to note, though, that Porsche released the S-versions at the same time as the regular versions.

But if you had the coin to buy the C4S that's currently out then wanted to update to the turbo-look you could just buy the updated bumpers.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
double

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
True. Let me stop bitching about a car I can't afford that hasn't even come out yet. I have to get back on my actual shopping list which is more of a GLI, base A4 sort of thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts