Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
from those pics, there is not an angle i dont like about it. awesome looking car...what the MKVI golf should have been like. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
that sucks that our American society of today prevents such cars from being available to people who aren't ignorant, fat, and narrow minded.politically you get the idea. I'd love the polo over all these ugly cars we have now from honda toyota etc.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Would this have anything to do with crash standards, in particular side impact? In Europe they don't have the prevalence of huge SUVs and pick-ups that could render one of those totalled in short order.
No Johnny, it doesn't. Now that you've mentioned that... It would be small, but it isn't any smaller than a honda fit that could be totalled by an SUV/TRUCK same thing. Back to my statement, USA needs to be more conscientious of those aspects and above all improve environmental standards like Europe has done so.

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
No Johnny, it doesn't. Now that you've mentioned that... It would be small, but it isn't any smaller than a honda fit that could be totalled by an SUV/TRUCK same thing. Back to my statement, USA needs to be more conscientious of those aspects and above all improve environmental standards like Europe has done so.

In that case, it must be down to VWofA deciding that a Polo wouldn't sell here, which IMO is a wrong assumption. If they think they can rebadge a Chrysler mini-van and charge a premium for it under a VW badge, surely there are people who want a small, economical and fun to drive car like the Polo.

VW's business rationale as to what comes to NA and what doesn't has me scratching my head constantly. :confused:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Wati a sec...where is the Polo built? What's the exchange rate? How much would they have to cahrge to sell it here? I'd think this is probably more of an obstacle than anything else, although crash-worthiness may be presenting issues, as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts