Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Passat World! I am a proud new owner of a 2002 1.8t manual Passat sedan. My wonderful stepmother gave me this car a gift as my old car (95 beretta) was ready to retire. Anyway, I found this site and decided to start modding the car. The car has had all the proper care and services done, including timing belts and so on... I have purchased new 17" Nogaro TSW wheels, Toyo Tires and Eibach pro-kit. These will be installed in a few days. I am planning on the APR chip upgrade / silicone hoses / forge DV. Any suggestions for Speed/Hp increases after I do the above? I'm looking at spending around another 5 grand after the wheels and chip upgrade. I am not a machanic nor am I going to attempt any diffcult mods by myself so labor will have to be included. Any sugestions or comments would be very helpful! :thumbup:
Steve

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Welcome Steve. If you have that kind of money to spend, I'd forego the chip and get a K04 kit. It would (should) include an exhaust upgrade, software, possibly a fuel pressure regulator or injectors, and a downpipe. Oh, and a K04 turbo. :)

You'll get lots of other suggestions, but that's what I'd do. Again, welcome.

Kenny

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Any suggestions on where to purchase a K04 turbo kit? How much HP gains am I looking at after this mod? Anymore suggestions would be great. I will post some pics of the car after I get the wheels and springs installed later this week.
Steve

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
goapr.com - 2002 k04 247bhp/286 lb-ft on 93 octane. $2,299.00 exhaust recommended but not required.

pes-tuning.com - 2002 T-28 270+bhp/275 ft-lbs. $4,295.00

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not seeing the $2,299.00 k04 kit on the site. I see the 499.99 chip and 4499.99 kit. I'll have to look a bit closer I guess.
Steve

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You're right on the APR - I had looked under the Audi A4 page, and it is much less comprehensive K-04 upgrade. It is turbo, inlet O-ring, injectors, studs and software.
The Stage III upgrade looks good fo rthe Passat.
Purplezr2 has put together his own GT2871 upgrade, I think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... It seems the K04 upgrade for the Passat is going to run over 4499.00 which blows almost the whole buget I had for this car. So I think I will have to goto getting the car chipped with new hoses and DV. Then I will have money left over for other mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts