Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Scott I am going to ask a dumb question but is your car a modded A4 or is it an S4
reason I ask is because I have never seen an S4 in gold. And I don't see the fog ligths in the bumper.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Can you say...GIAC: ECU & TIP chips

1. You may want to run a bottle of Auto-Rx cleaner through the engine as a sludge prevention measure.

2. Verify that the timing belt and tensioner has been changed!!!!! Our 98-99 1.8T’s have an under designed tensioner, which has led to premature catastrophic failures well before the recommended change interval.

You may already be aware of these issues due to your A4, but just in case…

Welcome to the CB5!

P.S. I do not mean to sound like I am crying wolf; just some hard learned advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.....

Altair 4 said:
Hey, I'd like to see more pics of that Beetle! Oh, and BTW, welcome to the Club!
Sorry, no beetle pictures

maniac_productions said:
welcome to the club...will you be modding the wifey's car???
btw, are you on audizine?
I HAVE to mod the wifes car =)

And yes I post on audizine, audiworld and fourtitude/vortex (same user name)

Ooinn99 said:
Can you say...GIAC: ECU & TIP chips

1. You may want to run a bottle of Auto-Rx cleaner through the engine as a sludge prevention measure.

2. Verify that the timing belt and tensioner has been changed!!!!! Our 98-99 1.8T’s have an under designed tensioner, which has led to premature catastrophic failures well before the recommended change interval.

You may already be aware of these issues due to your A4, but just in case…

Welcome to the CB5!

P.S. I do not mean to sound like I am crying wolf; just some hard learned advice.
Great idea about the Auto-RX, i actually need to do that to mine soon too.

Timing belt was done a couple thousand miles ago =)

And thanks

madigan said:
Man, that is one slick A4. Can you post some more pics of it?

Welcome to the Club!

:thumbup:
Thank you, some more pictures:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.