Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
I'm not actually the owner of this car because it's my dads. Anyways, I thought it would be nice to share these images and facts about the car with Club B5 :wink:.

Volkswagen Passat Highline, TDi 130bhp, 6-speed manual
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Foglights
- Park distance control
- Eberspacher heater
- Did I miss something? Oh yeah, those sidemirrors (sp?) can be turned against the body... eh, if you know what I mean (see the picture below).

Top speed (estimated): 208km/h
0-100km/h (estimated): 9,9secs

It's a very nice car to drive. I'd like to use it all the time but it's obviously impossible because my dad likes it even more than I do :p.

There it is. We got the car 18/11/2003 and we've been very proud of it 8)

Bi-xenon headlights. They are VERY useful. There's also the foglights...

Some people say that Volvo makes the best seats... Well I dont think so! :bow:

There's plenty of room for passengers also :roll:

Yeap, I think it's beautiful :)

No kiddin', 260km/h is the top speed for this car :weirdo:

That thing in there is the Eberspacher control device

You can turn the mirrors against the body... It's useful when parking

Climatronic and the radio which is Blaupunkt Miami CD72

Park distance control - in case my mom is driving :lol:

And these we do have for summertime. ATP Flash 17" with Nokia 225/45 tires

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That is a sweet ride...I'm partial to black as well :thumbup:
So let me get this straight your car came w/suede inserts :???: If so damn VW needs to get there priorities straight and have that option over here :poke: I love the way those look :bow:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TX-B5.5 said:
So let me get this straight your car came w/suede inserts :???: If so damn VW needs to get there priorities straight and have that option over here :poke: I love the way those look :bow:
I'm not 100% sure what 'suede inserts' (please explain) means but I can tell you that everything is original except those wheels we have for summer.
edit: i just checked you car.... DAAAMN man it's hot! :bow:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Altec said:
TX-B5.5 said:
I'm not 100% sure what 'suede inserts' (please explain) means but I can tell you that everything is original except those wheels we have for summer.
Thanks for the compliment 8)
What I was refering to was your seats...the center part of them...that is suede right(scuffed up leather)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TX-B5.5 said:
Altec said:
TX-B5.5 said:
Thanks for the compliment 8)
What I was refering to was your seats...the center part of them...that is suede right(scuffed up leather)
Yeah.. we call it alcantara here. Those seats costs something like 1400 euros here but in highline package they are as default.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean if there's any mods? Nope... we're only getting a new chip when the car is a bit older (130 -> 180bhp).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the device which is used to control the heater that helps the engine to get warm faster and it also starts to heat the interior when it's on. It is almost a necessary device in Finland because we have cold winters and as you probably know diesel engines are quite poor when the weather is cold but this thing helps alot. We had to order it separately from an other shop.

I said in my earlier post that everything in the car is original but I forgot this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perskeles :D
Yeah, hurray to daddy :thumbup:... Well, it was somewhere around 45K EUR. Our limit was 50K and... well, it's nice that we didn't need to use all that money :).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Altec said:
Perskeles :D
Yeah, hurray to daddy :thumbup:... Well, it was somewhere around 45K EUR. Our limit was 50K and... well, it's nice that we didn't need to use all that money :).
Holy crap 45K - that's ~55 700 USD. That's insane. :shock: Now I remember why I left Finland. I paid less than half of that (<27K USD with all the extras, taxes, and fees included) last year for my 2003 1.8 Turbo Variant.

Sounds like yours is a company car though. I still wouldn't want to pay the taxes for a benefit like that in Finland. Man, I"m not coming back...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True, living in Finland is quite expensive but we still have many things in very good order like healthcare for example.

I would like to live in the states also and I might move there in the near future... It's a nice place but their politics sucks arse and Bush is the worst president (dangerous one) yanks could have. I suggest that you vote for Kelly (edit: LOL! I meant Kerry) in the next elections ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
jiipee said:
VW dealer sucks here in finland, Bi-Xenon-lights 1600 €, parking distance 810 €, cruisecontrol 600 €, foglights 365 €.. Can´t understand, and those prices are unreasonable. :cry:
I agree, that's ridiculous. Here in the U.S. for example fogs, cruise, stuff like that are pretty much standard equipment. That's the problem in Finland, because of the taxes and outrageous new car prices, they sell and advertise very "basic" models with basic equipment to bring down the base price and to not scare buyers. If you want to get all those nice extras, that's when they start robbing your wallet big time. Heck, they may even sell cars without A/C still if you can't afford it. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts