Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post on ClubB5, I am a new passat owner. I bought a 99 passat 5spd 1.8 turbo with 80,000 miles for a great deal at $7,000. The reason this car was so cheap is because the previous and only owner before me had been trying to sell it for a month at 8,400$, then a month later after no respone from any of his ads he lowered it to $7,400. At this point I go with my dad and check this thing out. The next day I call him and offer 7,000$ which he takes. I was somewhat nervous buying this because the deal seemed too good and we thought it was likely there were things we didnt know about. I did do a carfax report which turned up nothing.
So I take the car to get detailed at our family firend's shop for a good price. When I go to pick it up he tells me that every single piece of metal (almost) on the car has been repainted. The owner before only told us about one fender bender he had had.
So despite these flaws, I have a pretty decent passat. Now I am ready for my first modification. I have about 500$ I am willing to spend, and I really have no idea. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I was thinking about getting tinted windows, but I am not sure if that would look good on a car that is already black. I have seen nice black on black cars before that have looked great but I havent seen it on a passat, so If any of you have any pictures or links ok a black passat with tinted windows I would love to see them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother suggested that but I would have to see a blacked out passat before i went through with that

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I resisted for all of 30 seconds, but I gotta do it:

my car:

steeler b

blakwag

go for it. welcome to the club :thumbup: the list of black on black dubs are endless, also check out:

passaturbonium, enjoytheview, glxpassat, jesstzn, nenad, and the 100 others that I couldn't think of at this exact moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some nice cars. That silver trim on the top two helps make the black on black combination a lot better.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the club,

my $0.02 would be to spend the $500 on a chip. That way the rest you can save up for (suspenstion, tint, etc.). It was the hardest part to save up for (was for me at least) and offers the largest improvement (INHO). It'll make you love and appreciate your car so much more. You can find chips pretty cheap in the classifieds...and maybe get 1 cheap enough and get tint as well... :thumbup:

just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Mi coche.
Btw my suspension is finally en route to my front door! So probably only a few more pics coming for u guys to give me hell about my 4x4 :p

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome to the club, my suggestions: tint your windows; and then buy yourself the timing belt kit from a place like ecstuning.com, you might have enough dough left to buy a chip used, if you don't need to replace your control arm bushings.

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but at that mileage your care may reuquire special maintenence. This car is very comparable to a hot chick...yeah, high maintenence, but nonetheless, hot.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
julianfang said:
I resisted for all of 30 seconds, but I gotta do it:

go for it. welcome to the club :thumbup: the list of black on black dubs are endless, also check out:

passaturbonium, enjoytheview, glxpassat, jesstzn, nenad, and the 100 others that I couldn't think of at this exact moment.

You are such a whore. I see these everywhere in the forum. :crazy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts