Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I bought a used OEM hood from a fellow member (shadybaby), I deceided to find somewhere closer to get things painted. Through some recommendations at VWVortex, I visited a place called MOB Works in Orange, So. Cali.

I was very impressed with the outfit. Miguel the owner is very knowledgeable and very customer oriented. The shop is very clean and their paint jobs are pretty well known in the import community.

The paintjob on my hood was very good. I couldn't be any happier. I also received a fair price to paint/repair the hood as well. What is also another plus was the ONE week turn around time. I dropped my hood off on Jan 31 and I picked it up today Feb 7. That's just AWESOME.

www.mobworks.com

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup it's nothing special other than a respray of the OEM hood. My original OEM hood was traded for my CF one, so I bought this used oem hood from a fellow member.

This post is nothing but a review of the paint job they did on the hood. And how close the color match was to the car.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got tired of the Carbon Fiber look. And the Passat is a huge pig anyhoo, a few pounds won't matter ;)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
i like it, but why not paint the cf hood, it would save weight
Paint = weight. :wink:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i know that, but it will still be lighter and look better than the OEM painted. Cause i personally dont want the CF look so i would paint, but it would still save weight

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, the paint almost matches. It's a tad lighter than the fender though. But it's impossible to match the fade perfectly without leaving the car there to get an exact paint match. But to the casual observer you couldn't tell the difference.

And as for the CF hood, I'm undeceided on what to do with it. I might sell it or I might repaint it some design or do something custom to it... hrmmm :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing