Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new car, previously had a Jetta 2.0.. now I'm moving up!!
Looking to just get some new springs and wheels, a nice rear spoiler would be great, but they seem hard to find. and maybe some engine mods (exhaust, intake). Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on things to watch our for on the V6? Wierd oil leaks, common squeaks.. anything that is common to go up on these.
I have 62K on it and it's a 5spd.

I bought it in Texas and drove it back to MD. What a great test drive that was!!

Thanks!

Post up some pic's later.

J.R.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Welcome :thumbup:

If you are sedan go on search and find M3 look alike trunk lid spoiler (minimalistic design) or go for 3 piece Zender. There are few other designs also.
If you are FWD, springs- minimal drop (H&R OE Sport,Neuspeed Softsport); moddest drop (H&R Sport, Neuspeed Sport, Eibach).
exaust: Brullen or Supersprint (for Ssprint go to GB section, julianfang is organizing one, you will need Audi V6 muffler if you are FWD)
Intake- BMC CDA or EVO, but air box of Passat is very good so you actualy do not need at the beggening to spend money on that.

Passat plague is front suspension; cotrol arms are from Aluminum and dying more often than we would like (check them, you have in full kit 8 of them+tie rods)
As long as you are on 62K, do NOW timing belt (with water pump and tension roller, don't "forget" them)change, most probably previous owner didn't do it because now is the time (60K) and it is not cheap one, if you do it in dealership. Do not postpone this, if you miss it and belt brake up you will destroy valves, pistons, block head. It is one of most (if not most)important things on Passat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

It is a FWD Wagon...

Yeah I'm not looking foward to the timing belt ordeal... I saved enough money on the car so luckily I can afford to do this.. or at least I think so....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Try to buy trough out www.ECStuning.com it seams that they have fairly good prices on OE parts. Check if there is some CB5 member in area that is skilled to help you to do it in your or his garage, save a lot of money. But do not keep it "for later".

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Texas to MD :shock: :eek: and your werent scared of anything happening to the car on that long journey?

Were in Texas BTW?

Well congrats to the varient, and glad you bought a V6 we need more V6er's around these parts! :lol: :lol:

Rich :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah bought it off of Ebay (Kinda Scary!!) But it was a dealer not a private party. Plus I got one way tickets for 70 bucks!! I had the dealer put the car up on a lift and did a througough inspection. Also had him change the oil and fluids before leaving. I also have a 1 year 12,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Like I said it was a damn good test drive!! All works well!! (knock on wood :wink: *knock* *Knock*)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm in Baltimore, just moved here recently. I have to do the timing belt in my V6 soon also. Got 85,000 on the odometer, and it states in the engine bay on mine to do every 80,000. If you need a hand let me know. I could use the experience, and maybe you could help me do mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That could be a possibiliity, I've change the timing belt on my 2.0, but the v6 is a little more complicated. Only problem is that I don't have access to a garage right now. The one at my house is filled with junk provided by my parents. So if you know of a garage that would be great!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Welcome to Club :b5:
I also had a Jetta previous to owning a Passat... nice trade-up.

Stick around a while, you'll get the full mod bug... and it'll cost you, a lot.
Actually, there is a pretty good bunch of people here, with great mod ideas and tips.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
As far as a garage, I'm in the same situation you are. I just moved in with my inlaws. After I'm don't painting and setting up the room we're staying in, I'm going to help clean the garage. Maybe by the time I'm done, you'll have your timing belt kit, and I'll have mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.