Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Passat tdi with bank one sensor one issues. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to look for help?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Ronnie

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Yes, make two random posts in the New Member Area.
Do not ask for help on car related material in the New Member Area.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What am I supposed to post twice? Anything random? I confused lol
Honestly, I never did that. I could never find the "new member area" anyway, so I just started my first thread just as you did.
To the original question, do you have a scan tool available to you? Codes may be helpful.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
It's kinda hard to miss.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I'm not busting anybody's chops here but, since this forum was bought out, it opened the forum up to all kinds of scammers and what not.
Also, since then all of the moderators went away and it's a one man show. VAGguy is single handedly running the show here.
In the earlier days of this forum there was an etiquette that was a standard of norm. Now-a-days that has all but gone out the window.

It's just kind of frustrating when some of the obvious things are ignored around here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Honestly, I never did that. I could never find the "new member area" anyway, so I just started my first thread just as you did.
To the original question, do you have a scan tool available to you? Codes may be helpful.
I have access scan tool. It’s says I have a problem with bank one sensor one. I have changed that sensor twice with two different brands. The first fixed it for a couple weeks the second did nothing. The first one after failing ohmed out to zero which is bad. The new one was 200 which means good. The scanner won’t do anything but read the codes and it should do way more

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,074 Posts
moved to correct forum.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,074 Posts
Exactly where is that?
Look at the top of the page.

Also, when we say codes, we don't mean what the description of the code says, we need the actual codes, like P01234. What "sensor" are you talking about?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is as far as I can get with the scanner. It won’t allow me to access any other features

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
VCDS would be your friend here.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2012 Passat tdi with bank one sensor one issues. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to look for help?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Ronnie
Are you by chance covered under dieselgate still? If not start with the oxygen sensors and go from there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you by chance covered under dieselgate still? If not start with the oxygen sensors and go from there
No clue what that even is. I new to the vw world. I have a 1,800 horse street car in my garage that I built but can’t figure this thing out smdh

·
Registered
8 Posts
No clue what that even is. I new to the vw world. I have a 1,800 horse street car in my garage that I built but can’t figure this thing out smdh
It's the oxygen sensor right in top of the downpipe by the turbo. Really easy to get to actually and if it's not converted under the dieselgate warranty it's only $130 and any 30-45 minute job

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same code but it was covered under the extended warranty so no cost to me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's the oxygen sensor right in top of the downpipe by the turbo. Really easy to get to actually and if it's not converted under the te warranty it's only $130 and any 30-45 minute job
I know what an o2 sensor is. Not sure about the dieselgate lol. My codes not for an 02 though. Why you suspect that?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts