Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new member and Volkswagen owner here in Ames, IA.

This is my 4th car, that I have purchased to replace my 2000 Mustang GT that was unfornetly lost in a semi collision last March. I choose the Passat for VW's build quality and reputation, and I needed something fun to drive, but also something I could drive year round -- something the Mustang unfornetly couldn't deliever. So before I left for spring break, I stumbled upon this mint 1999 B5 1.8T in seqouia green on cream velor with a 5 speed....after I saw it, and drove it, I didn't need to look any further. It was a bargan with 56,000 miles on it at $8,900.

I come from a long history of Volkswagens, my family used to run a very well known Bug Shop outside of Monticello, IA that produced hundreds of custom VWs of nearly every make and model that became show-stoppers at car shows and races around the midwest, in fact some of the vehicles have been featured in Hot VWs magazine. Although we have a long history of Volkswagens, no one in the family is left that owns a Volkswagen as a daily driver, so I am proud to change that status once again!

Hope to get to know you guys on the fourms!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Welcome AutobahnB5 from a fellow midwesterner! There are a few members from Iowa, and quite a few from the Twin Cities. You might want to join us for a drive sometime. At 57K, you'd better get that timing belt replaced soon.

Congrats on the find!

Kenny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts