Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the chance to go take some nice pictures of the new ride - since Tuesday when I picked it up, it's been commuting to work and getting rained on.

Today, I washed the spots off, and took a drive with the camera to snap some pics of my mocha/latte 07 3.6 4mo wagon with the calipers painted, the tint on, and the chrome mirrors:

Questions, comments welcome! Man, does this thing have pickup! I can't wait to get through the break-in period so I can get on it and really hear the engine sing!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Personally, I think mocha brown is probably the only colour that can pull off those chrome mirror caps besides silver.....

Lookin Sharp, love the wheels....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Looks damn good, I really like the red calipers, it just sets the whole car of. Usually I'd say they were ricey but I think its the mocha brown!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I was a definite Mocha Brown customer the first I ever heard of the color without even seeing it. Probably because I'm an old-time German car fan, and can remember playing around with and driving in primary green Beetles, orange 911s, and flat brown 2002s! German cars always used to have funky colors noone else offered, and I've always loved the uniqueness of that.

I know some are chrome fans and some are not - I can appreciate a dechromed car too, but for some reason the mocha brown seems to fit better with the chrome for me. The calipers I've always liked painted, and red seemed to go beautifully with the brown.

Again, thanks all for the comments. Next mods will be to get my XM installed again, and see if I can get some nice looking exhaust tips.

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
Zackie, haven't seen you post here in a while, thought you were a goner. Great looking car, I've been looking at the B6 3.6 a bit more lately and they are growing on me. BTW, where did you take the pictures? The first couple look like West Boca, maybe near Quiet Waters Park?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Volkswagenmember: Yes, clear corners are definately on the list to do. I picked up the car Tuesday, and commuted to work for the rest of the week - I haven't had much time to play with the car and think about other mods until this weekend. I want to do clear turn signals for sure...I'll probably order them this week.

Pokey: Yep, still around. I have lurked a bit around here, but been busy at work, on some vacation trips out of country, and taking some online courses for a professional designation, so I haven't been posting very much.

Most of the pics were taken down the end of Lox Road on the Parkland/Boca border, at the Loxahatchee reserve area. The last two were taken inside my neighborhood, just around the corner from my house.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SWAMI, I definately want to do that - but OEMPL.US stopped their sat box exchange program! I need to find someone with an XM who wants the Sirius and make a swap. If I can't work that out, I'll probably just fish out the antenna wire, and hook up my RoadyXT through the Aux jacks in the glovebox.

POKEY, Yeah, he's still there, and still likes to drive his toys around. He has several Ferraris and a few other toys - I haven't seen the Enzo in a few months, but I have seen (and heard) the F430 Challenge, and I'm quite sure he's got an FXX coming as soon as they hit shores (he was one of the first customers to get the F40, F50, and Enzo). And he also had the first Pagani I ever saw. There are a few other exotics in the neighborhood lately - a couple of Bentleys (Continental GT and Flying Spur) and two other Lambos (Gallardo and Murcielago), plus an Aston Martin DB7. Come sit in front of my house for a few hours...you'll get a nice show as they drive by! Nice toys for rich boys...I'll have to make due with my wagon!

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
There are a few other exotics in the neighborhood lately - a couple of Bentleys (Continental GT and Flying Spur) and two other Lambos (Gallardo and Murcielago), plus an Aston Martin DB7. Come sit in front of my house for a few hours...you'll get a nice show as they drive by! Nice toys for rich boys...I'll have to make due with my wagon!
You need to setup a webcam of the street in front of your house so that the rest of us can enjoy the view.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty sharp! :thumbup:

The color sort of reminds me of my black magic 00' Passat.
I really like the dark brown metal pearl effect.
Hmmm... maybe I could trade up my 99 A4 Avant for that bad boy.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. It really is a neat color - it takes on at least 5 different colors depending on lighting and what's near it: brown, black, purple, maroon, or grey. At night, most people seem to think it's black. Daytime in heavy shade, people seem to think it's grey. Purplish and maroon tones come in either from sunlight reflections or by parking next to certain other colors.

I traded up from my W8 wagon...don't feel like I'm missing anything! My W8's already sold, to another member on Passatworld who will hopefully start showing his own pics of my former car. I think the B6 wagon is better looking than the sedan, just like your A4...so they've got that in common!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts