Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Just recently got a t-reg passat.
I want to get a de-badged grille (possibly Kamei) and maybe a new front bumber/spoiler.
Anyone know any websites, outlets or magazine where I can get them. :???:
I am based in sunny Blackpool, UK.
The passat has rs 4 wheels lowered and rear spolier
Will post some pics soon (as I clean it) :D
New to all this
Many thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
Andygab said:
Need some help posting , never done it before!
What size do I need to take the pics at etc
Please help :???:
Have cleaned it!!!
Thanks
Ok Andy,

Do you have an online photo hosting account?? if not click onto www.photobucket.com

here you can create your own free photohosting account.

The picture size really depends on what megapixal digital camera you have but photobucket will only display your pic's in either 250 or 500k, When you upload the pictures photobucket will automatically resize your pictures to 250k, or 500k if you want to make a one off donation of $5 or more to photobucket. It then stores them in your own album and also creates the internet links for you to use for different applications, such as clubb5, ebay, websites.
The links you need for posting photo's on the forum are the ones starting and finishing with img, all you do is click on the link, highlight the whole link, select copy and paste the link onto the forum page you are editing and thats it, simple, i only found out how to do photo's myself last week.

Cheers

Peter

P.S. if you have any probs drop me a line and i will try to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the links Pete
I will have to have a go at the pics sometime this week
Do you have any more links for the bodykit/grill info?
Will probably be asking your help with the photos sounds a bit involved.
My camera is 5 mill pixels!

Thanks very much
Andy

·
Registered
657 Posts
You might want to lower the picture resolution a bit, it will make uploading a lot quicker, mine is a 3.2 mpixel camera and it seems to handle resizing those pic's ok but saying that i do have broadband internet, so much quicker anyway. I thought the picture thing would be a nightmare but it is really simple via photobucket, got mine right first time, which is saying something

The RSD link is the main 1 i have found, Awesome-gti does do some stuff for the Passat but strangely it doesn't list them in the passat section of their webiste, you have to look at the gallery section and click on the project passat to find the bodykit bits, if you want any info from them, phone them as they never reply to emails.

Also you could try:
www.EUROCARPARTS.COM
www.gsfcarparts.com
www.swgmotorsport.com
www.volksbits.com
www.ffwdmotorsport.co.uk
www.venommotorsport.com
www.candrenterprises.co.uk (Kamei stuff)

The trouble is alot of these companies don't bother to show much stuff for the Passat on their websites but if you dig around a bit and contact a few you will find that they do have stuff available in their parts catalogues, as most of the stuff is German and it is available to buy in Germany, just no big Market for the stuff in the UK, they all concentrate on the golfs, polos, lupos and boras.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you re-size your original pics before you upload them to photobucket, you will not loose such much of the image resolution, plus if you are on 56k, it will be a lot quicker.

I always do this, i only have a 2MP camera, but the images are much clearer from photobucket if you re-size them first, rather than Photobuket doing it on your behalf.

Try using www.irfanview.com It is a totally free downloadble application, that you can use to do various things to your pics, including re-sizing and changing file extensions. A great piece of free kit, i use it all the time !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcdome to the Club!!

Hiya

Have just joined recently myself, live in London and have a V6 4-Motion Estate (2002). I find it very useful to get advice from fellow "Passatters". I find that Performance VW Magazine is very good for parts stockists, as many other VW mags tend to focus on the Air Cooled side! Any help I can be don't hesitate to ask!!

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.